daily activities for folks that have PFTs in 30's and 40's?

M

Markus

I was just wondering what you all do in your daily lives when your PFTs start hitting the 30-40 percentile? Mine have dropped in this area and have finally had to step away from work because I am just to exhausted, so would love to hear what daily activities you guys do if you could share.

Oboe

I'm at 25%ish and I spend most of the day on the computer. Internet, video games, whatever. Read sometimes. I'm still well enough that I don't need oxygen all the time, but I do when I do anything more strenuous. I still work out every few days, but I need my oxygen for that. I lift weights and do push ups. Just added taking walks back in because I live in Florida and it just stopped being "sweat the second you step outside" hot for the year. Keep my house clean, need oxygen for like vacuuming.

It's mostly just about finding a hobby. Also start exercising if you haven't already. It's hard to start out, but it really helps with energy and feeling better physically even if your numbers say otherwise.

imported_Momto2

I have 2 kids, so I spend a LOT of my time driving, doing small volunteer projects for their school, tons of laundry and cooking. Dont do so much cleaning because its getting a bit hard and I stay away from chemicals. For fun I have a garden, play croquet and mini golf, take walks with my husband, go to movies, play TONS of board games, card games, etc with my kiddos, time with extended family, watch my kids do gymnastics, swimming, lite tennis, go out to dinner. I also read a lot, write poetry, working on a book, talk to prospective parents about adoption. I try to get in feel good stuff too- shopping for baby clothes for a teacher whose expecting, making a lasagna for a sick friend, stuff like that. Most of the stuff I do is self-scheduled, which is SUPER important to me because if I'm having a bad day and just need to chill and sleep, I can. Most stuff really can wait (OK, maybe not grocery shopping for TP!). But I am very very blessed with helpful kids and a super awesome husband who take up the slack when I cant. I used to exercise every day, but the Orkambi just killed that, and since I stopped taking the drug, I've had pleuritis and lots of back pain, so regimented exercise is out until that shapes up.

nocode

I've been in the 30s% ever since I can remember so my body is very adapted to it. I don't work anymore but I try to stay pretty active. Having a dog really helps! I take her on two daily walks (30 - 60min each), I shop for groceries several times a week, I workout twice a week at a clinic, I go see friends but not too much (mostly I don't feel like it).
When at home, I cook, read, watch TV and spend time online. Reddit is a great website to kill time on! I've been hooked since day one.

As someone who hasn't worked in 3 years my main advice is 1) stay active and 2) don't lose touch with friends. It's too easy to get lazy.

M

Markus

thanks all I appreciate the time, having a bit of a hard time with excepting what I think I should be able to accomplish around the house and what I can physically accomplish at home. Spend most of my time with my kids and try to exercise with weights every day if I can.