Daptomycin Help"

JennifersHope

I am on week three of a six to eight week treatment of Daptomycin for sepsis and bactermemia.

Has anyone on here been on this drug before? I am concerned with a few things. One in the PDR it says the stability of the Daptomyacin is on 48 hours once it is reconstituted which means the drug is only good for 48 once it is in liquid form. My home infusion company has given me seven day supply, telling me it is good for ten days.

I tried calling the drug company but with it being the weekend, they are closed. Has anyone been on this at home before, if so how many days supply did you get at once.

I called the pharmacist where I work and they said they have heard oh home infusion companies doing this that they do special research to see what the absolute longest is that you can use the drug for.

Also did anyone get drug fevers or flushing with this drug? I hope others have been on this and will chime in!

JennifersHope

I am on week three of a six to eight week treatment of Daptomycin for sepsis and bactermemia.

Has anyone on here been on this drug before? I am concerned with a few things. One in the PDR it says the stability of the Daptomyacin is on 48 hours once it is reconstituted which means the drug is only good for 48 once it is in liquid form. My home infusion company has given me seven day supply, telling me it is good for ten days.

I tried calling the drug company but with it being the weekend, they are closed. Has anyone been on this at home before, if so how many days supply did you get at once.

I called the pharmacist where I work and they said they have heard oh home infusion companies doing this that they do special research to see what the absolute longest is that you can use the drug for.

Also did anyone get drug fevers or flushing with this drug? I hope others have been on this and will chime in!