Dehumidifying the home- Preventative action

jbrandyn

So I got the Aspergilosis pretty bad, and I live in Western Washington, humidity and a general dampness is unavoidable. My doc and some other professionals I have been talking too reccomend to get a good dehumidifier to compliment my air purifiers.
Since I live in student housing I might get one to check out, and I will probably have to tell them what I need. That is the best case scenario. But if that does not happen I don't know what to do.
The Machines are pretty expensive and so I was wondering if anyone has gotten a dehumidifier or air purifier for their home covered under durable medical equipment. I think I remember that happening to a few people, but I don't know...

Anyway I am on Medicaid so I have good coverage and they are generally very good about doing preventative measures for chronic disease. Hopefully I will be able to get one as the humidity is markedly affecting my lungs.

So if you have advice or recommendations I would love to hear them.

It is also probably important to note that I am living on a college budget and doing 20 hours of unpaid internship (which I love) plus full college class schedule, so getting a job is not really in the cards.

Thanks and Peace be with you,
Brandyn

just1more

Medicaid guidelines state that dehumidifiers are not covered because they are primarily 'environmental control' rather than medical.

However, there is an appeal process so if you have a Dr that is willing to help you fight, there is a decent chance Medicaid can/would cover.

Good luck,