DELTA F508 5T

armymom74

Ok so now I know what mutations my son has what does this mean? We still don't know if he is active or just a carrier. The Dr is trying to get authorization for a full genetic panel - what will this tell us? Confused!

armymom74

Ok so now I know what mutations my son has what does this mean? We still don't know if he is active or just a carrier. The Dr is trying to get authorization for a full genetic panel - what will this tell us? Confused!

armymom74

armymom74

armymom74

Alyssa

the DeltaF508 5T is a description of only one gene - a person must have two CF genes in order to have CF. If they have only identified one gene so far and are still looking then your child may end up only being a carrier with only one gene, or if they find the 2nd one, they will diagnose as CF.

On occasion people with only one gene but clear cut CF symptoms and issues do get treated as if they have CF, assuming that the 2nd gene has not been identified yet, but might get identified at a later date.

Alyssa

the DeltaF508 5T is a description of only one gene - a person must have two CF genes in order to have CF. If they have only identified one gene so far and are still looking then your child may end up only being a carrier with only one gene, or if they find the 2nd one, they will diagnose as CF.

On occasion people with only one gene but clear cut CF symptoms and issues do get treated as if they have CF, assuming that the 2nd gene has not been identified yet, but might get identified at a later date.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />On occasion people with only one gene but clear cut CF symptoms and issues do get treated as if they have CF, assuming that the 2nd gene has not been identified yet, but might get identified at a later date.

cfbigbrother

5T along with deltaF08 can cause CF if they are on different chromosomes and if there are a disease causing number of repeats of the 5t. The AMbry test actually reports this as atypical CF if that is the situation. If they are on the same chromosome they do not cause CF.

cfbigbrother

5T along with deltaF08 can cause CF if they are on different chromosomes and if there are a disease causing number of repeats of the 5t. The AMbry test actually reports this as atypical CF if that is the situation. If they are on the same chromosome they do not cause CF.

cfbigbrother

cfbigbrother

cfbigbrother