DF508 & R1158X1

RebekahsMom

Steve,

My daughters mutations are DF508 & R1158X1. Just 3 months ago, she was classified as moderately severe after having her first bronch done. (She is 7, and we recently switched clinics. I felt her original clinic wasn't being as proactive as they needed to be.) We had always thought she had a mild case. Can you tell me a little bit about the possible severity of these mutations together?

Also, is it possible she started with a mild case but now is classified as moderately severe? Or is it possible she has always had a moderately severe case but we didn't know it until she had her bronch? I understand that cf is progressive, and that she will have more and more issues as she gets older.

One more question. If she doesn't do her breathing treatments (every other weekend she might get them once or twice) on a regular basis, how will that affect her? Can it actually change her from a mild case to a moderately severe case??? Just need to get my facts straight before I go to court.

Thanks.

RebekahsMom

Steve,

My daughters mutations are DF508 & R1158X1. Just 3 months ago, she was classified as moderately severe after having her first bronch done. (She is 7, and we recently switched clinics. I felt her original clinic wasn't being as proactive as they needed to be.) We had always thought she had a mild case. Can you tell me a little bit about the possible severity of these mutations together?

Also, is it possible she started with a mild case but now is classified as moderately severe? Or is it possible she has always had a moderately severe case but we didn't know it until she had her bronch? I understand that cf is progressive, and that she will have more and more issues as she gets older.

One more question. If she doesn't do her breathing treatments (every other weekend she might get them once or twice) on a regular basis, how will that affect her? Can it actually change her from a mild case to a moderately severe case??? Just need to get my facts straight before I go to court.

Thanks.

RebekahsMom

Steve,
<br />
<br />My daughters mutations are DF508 & R1158X1. Just 3 months ago, she was classified as moderately severe after having her first bronch done. (She is 7, and we recently switched clinics. I felt her original clinic wasn't being as proactive as they needed to be.) We had always thought she had a mild case. Can you tell me a little bit about the possible severity of these mutations together?
<br />
<br />Also, is it possible she started with a mild case but now is classified as moderately severe? Or is it possible she has always had a moderately severe case but we didn't know it until she had her bronch? I understand that cf is progressive, and that she will have more and more issues as she gets older.
<br />
<br />One more question. If she doesn't do her breathing treatments (every other weekend she might get them once or twice) on a regular basis, how will that affect her? Can it actually change her from a mild case to a moderately severe case??? Just need to get my facts straight before I go to court.
<br />
<br />Thanks.