DHA - Fish Oil - Omega 3

CowTown

From what I've read recently, DHA is an omega-3 oil and is considered an anti-inflammatory. So when you are low in DHA, there will be increased inflammation. Since CF causes inflammation, we need to try and control it and bring it down.

I've seen that studies have been done on CF-mice with DHA and it has helped them, but not as much is known on how it helps people? Is that true?

I saw some of you are taking Fish Oil (DHA) pills or however they come. Please inform me on how you think it's helped you. What effects have you had, or do you just think it's a good thing to take? What do you take and for how long have you been taking it? Do your doctors agree with it?

Thanks.

CowTown

From what I've read recently, DHA is an omega-3 oil and is considered an anti-inflammatory. So when you are low in DHA, there will be increased inflammation. Since CF causes inflammation, we need to try and control it and bring it down.

I've seen that studies have been done on CF-mice with DHA and it has helped them, but not as much is known on how it helps people? Is that true?

I saw some of you are taking Fish Oil (DHA) pills or however they come. Please inform me on how you think it's helped you. What effects have you had, or do you just think it's a good thing to take? What do you take and for how long have you been taking it? Do your doctors agree with it?

Thanks.

Scarlett81

I do Cod Liver Oil and it's made a big difference in my energy levels. I do 2 capsules a day. I take the Twinlab brand, and I do know that you have to take a high quality one, b/c fish oils can be badly processed or have high metal levels if you don't. So that's the only thing negative I've ever heard.

Scarlett81

I do Cod Liver Oil and it's made a big difference in my energy levels. I do 2 capsules a day. I take the Twinlab brand, and I do know that you have to take a high quality one, b/c fish oils can be badly processed or have high metal levels if you don't. So that's the only thing negative I've ever heard.

CowTown

Awesome, I want to start taking this too. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it would help with energy levels too. That's always welcomed.

CowTown

Awesome, I want to start taking this too. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it would help with energy levels too. That's always welcomed.

EnergyGal

Have you tried carlson? Mercola likes Carlson. He is a D.O. and very well known on the web.

I like Carlson and they make many fish oil supplements

jfarel

I read the same thing about Omega 6. I just bought some Omega III
and decided to do some research. As it turns out, and you all
probably know this, DHA, which is found in fish oil and Omega III
fatty acids, is something they are researching in the CF pipeline.
Preliminary test results have been mixed. But from what I've read
some of the results have been very encouraging, which is why it is
in Phase two as a possible anti-inflammatory treatment. I googled
up Fish Oil and Cystic Fibrosis and found a lot of interesting
information. It did say if you take more than 3 grams a day, it may
cause bleeding, so that was a little scary. Other than that
everything was very positive.

JBUCCA

i just started taking omega 3 from shaklee about 2 months ago... i dont see a difference but i heard its good for overall health too!! well if it cant hurt , why not...