did i screw up?

T

theDUDE

monitor the marijuana or the alcohol? they said "no alcohol" but will a drink every now and then hurt (in their opinion).

T

theDUDE

monitor the marijuana or the alcohol? they said "no alcohol" but will a drink every now and then hurt (in their opinion).

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

Marjolein

I think a drink every now and then won't hurt...
Smoking weed, I don't know about that. Hope you did say you haven't done that for 2 years now and only did it 5 times or so..

Marjolein

Smoking weed, I don't know about that. Hope you did say you haven't done that for 2 years now and only did it 5 times or so..

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />Smoking weed, I don't know about that. Hope you did say you haven't done that for 2 years now and only did it 5 times or so..

summer732

I don't think that trying marijuana is a contraindication to transplant...although i think abusing it might be. Like so many before said, they want to make sure you will treat these lungs with care. When i was evaluated for my transplant i was in my junior year of college and partying like no other. So when the "how often do you drink?" question came up, i was honest. My doctor was taken aback wtih my answer and told me i needed to significantly cut that back. So i stopped drinking completely so that I would be at my healthiest for the transplant. so i think you should be okay.

summer732

I don't think that trying marijuana is a contraindication to transplant...although i think abusing it might be. Like so many before said, they want to make sure you will treat these lungs with care. When i was evaluated for my transplant i was in my junior year of college and partying like no other. So when the "how often do you drink?" question came up, i was honest. My doctor was taken aback wtih my answer and told me i needed to significantly cut that back. So i stopped drinking completely so that I would be at my healthiest for the transplant. so i think you should be okay.

summer732

summer732

summer732

cutiepatootie

Every Clinic and Dr. is different it doesn't sound like you have a drinking or drug problem so your doc's should be fine with that. I don't know how much they put that into consideration anyway's. I think how they asses you to go on the list is on how sick you are and how well your other organs work. No smoking or drugs for sure after the tx and after a coulpe of months after the tx you can have the occational drink. My Dr.'s allow me to have a drink once a week and I've had up to 4 drinks in one night but that is rare and my dr's know about that too. Just because you have a tx doesn't me you can't live and have fun every once and a while. Your dr's need to realize that too!

cutiepatootie

Every Clinic and Dr. is different it doesn't sound like you have a drinking or drug problem so your doc's should be fine with that. I don't know how much they put that into consideration anyway's. I think how they asses you to go on the list is on how sick you are and how well your other organs work. No smoking or drugs for sure after the tx and after a coulpe of months after the tx you can have the occational drink. My Dr.'s allow me to have a drink once a week and I've had up to 4 drinks in one night but that is rare and my dr's know about that too. Just because you have a tx doesn't me you can't live and have fun every once and a while. Your dr's need to realize that too!

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie