Do enyzymes cause stomach pain?

scrapper1264

The reason I ask is because my 5yo son started taking Creon 10 back in November when he was diagnosed. The nutritionist at the CF Center is satisfied with his wt/ht (45"/43 lbs) but has prescribed the enzymes because she said the CF guidelines are more strict. He takes 2 w/meals and 1 w/snacks. Sometimes he complains of his stomach hurting after a meal which he has never done before. It also seems like it is always after a meal when he has milk.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

scrapper1264

The reason I ask is because my 5yo son started taking Creon 10 back in November when he was diagnosed. The nutritionist at the CF Center is satisfied with his wt/ht (45"/43 lbs) but has prescribed the enzymes because she said the CF guidelines are more strict. He takes 2 w/meals and 1 w/snacks. Sometimes he complains of his stomach hurting after a meal which he has never done before. It also seems like it is always after a meal when he has milk.

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

scrapper1264

<br />
<br />Thanks for any help on this matter.

T

TonyaH

It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.

If the pain is occuring after he eats, he is probably having trouble digesting his food. I would call clinic and explain what is going on. As he gets older, you will know how to "read" his stomach pains and play around with the dose a little. But since you are just starting out, I'd check with the doctor first.

Good luck!

T

TonyaH

It sounds to me like his dose may need to be adjusted. Perhaps he needs to take more enzymes. Or, perhaps he needs a different kind of enzyme.

If the pain is occuring after he eats, he is probably having trouble digesting his food. I would call clinic and explain what is going on. As he gets older, you will know how to "read" his stomach pains and play around with the dose a little. But since you are just starting out, I'd check with the doctor first.

Good luck!

T

TonyaH

Good luck!

T

TonyaH

Good luck!

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />If the pain is occuring after he eats, he is probably having trouble digesting his food. I would call clinic and explain what is going on. As he gets older, you will know how to "read" his stomach pains and play around with the dose a little. But since you are just starting out, I'd check with the doctor first.
<br />
<br />Good luck!

pjspiegle

I have not heard of enzymes hurting or causing a stomach ache but milk can cause stomach pain and issues. I would be more suspicious of the milk than the enzymes. Perhaps call the clinic and ask them. There are many different enzymes available if that one is causing problems. There is Pancreacarb, Pancrease, oh I am drawing a blank, but there are several different ones available that you could try. If you try different ones and are still getting stomach aches after the milk, I would suspect the milk. For that you could try Soy or Silk. I am sure the CF center will have many suggestions for you.

Patty

pjspiegle

I have not heard of enzymes hurting or causing a stomach ache but milk can cause stomach pain and issues. I would be more suspicious of the milk than the enzymes. Perhaps call the clinic and ask them. There are many different enzymes available if that one is causing problems. There is Pancreacarb, Pancrease, oh I am drawing a blank, but there are several different ones available that you could try. If you try different ones and are still getting stomach aches after the milk, I would suspect the milk. For that you could try Soy or Silk. I am sure the CF center will have many suggestions for you.

Patty

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

Patty

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />Patty

rubyroselee

Enzymes have been shown to cause stomach irritation and inflammation. Not sure why though. One of my doctors said that there has been evidence to show they can be irritating, especially after so many years of use.

rubyroselee

Enzymes have been shown to cause stomach irritation and inflammation. Not sure why though. One of my doctors said that there has been evidence to show they can be irritating, especially after so many years of use.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee