Do gas stoves harm cystic fibrosis patients at all?

Pebbles8

My fiance has cystic fibrosis. We just bought a house and I am picking out a stove. I generally prefer gas stoves but I saw something a few months ago about how they have been linked to decreased lung function in asthmatic children. After reading the entire article, it looked as if they were looking at poor homes where the stove wasn't vented properly and was used to heat the home.

Does anyone here know if a gas stove used for cooking that has a hood above it for ventilation would at all harm someone with cystic fibrosis? I wouldn't want to get anything to make my fiance's lung function worse.

Pebbles8

My fiance has cystic fibrosis. We just bought a house and I am picking out a stove. I generally prefer gas stoves but I saw something a few months ago about how they have been linked to decreased lung function in asthmatic children. After reading the entire article, it looked as if they were looking at poor homes where the stove wasn't vented properly and was used to heat the home.

Does anyone here know if a gas stove used for cooking that has a hood above it for ventilation would at all harm someone with cystic fibrosis? I wouldn't want to get anything to make my fiance's lung function worse.

Pebbles8

Pebbles8

Pebbles8

<br />
<br />Does anyone here know if a gas stove used for cooking that has a hood above it for ventilation would at all harm someone with cystic fibrosis? I wouldn't want to get anything to make my fiance's lung function worse.

S

sdelorenzo

I read some articles a few years back about gas stoves and decreased lung function as a result. I choose to get an electric stove as a result. I found the articles on line - sorry I don't have copies. But I really haven't heard anyone mention for gas stoves to be a problem for those with cf.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

I read some articles a few years back about gas stoves and decreased lung function as a result. I choose to get an electric stove as a result. I found the articles on line - sorry I don't have copies. But I really haven't heard anyone mention for gas stoves to be a problem for those with cf.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

lmattaway

I have a gas stove and love it. (Things boil faster...which means cleaning the nebs goes quicker) Can't say I've noticed any ill effects.

lmattaway

I have a gas stove and love it. (Things boil faster...which means cleaning the nebs goes quicker) Can't say I've noticed any ill effects.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

65rosessamurai

IH Cooking has become a new method in cooking. In comparison to Electric and Gas, its more efficient. The stove may be more costly but in the long run it will pay off.
We don't have that kind of stove in our house, but we do use IH stoves since the wife tossed out our gas stove.

I've never had any adverse effect of lung function from gas stoves...I had family members that smoked in the same room as me, which is even more dastardly than a gas stove.

However, as long as there is proper ventillation, IMO, I personally see no reason not to use a gas stove if thats what you prefer.

65rosessamurai

IH Cooking has become a new method in cooking. In comparison to Electric and Gas, its more efficient. The stove may be more costly but in the long run it will pay off.
We don't have that kind of stove in our house, but we do use IH stoves since the wife tossed out our gas stove.

I've never had any adverse effect of lung function from gas stoves...I had family members that smoked in the same room as me, which is even more dastardly than a gas stove.

However, as long as there is proper ventillation, IMO, I personally see no reason not to use a gas stove if thats what you prefer.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />We don't have that kind of stove in our house, but we do use IH stoves since the wife tossed out our gas stove.
<br />
<br />I've never had any adverse effect of lung function from gas stoves...I had family members that smoked in the same room as me, which is even more dastardly than a gas stove.
<br />
<br />However, as long as there is proper ventillation, IMO, I personally see no reason not to use a gas stove if thats what you prefer.