Do you enjoy hospital stays?

nmw0615

I typically don't mind the hospital, either. Even when I was in every three months, I never really hated it. The only time I've ever really had a problem was this past December, when I was there for two weeks and spent both Christmas and New Years there.

I don't have much trouble sleeping when I'm in, even when they do vitals through the night, or hook me up to new meds. I can sleep right through it and usually end up sleeping until at least 10 in the morning. I love my doctors and nurses, and being able to just focus on getting myself better is wonderful. As much as I hate taking time out from the "real world," sometimes I need it in order to refocus myself.

nmw0615

I typically don't mind the hospital, either. Even when I was in every three months, I never really hated it. The only time I've ever really had a problem was this past December, when I was there for two weeks and spent both Christmas and New Years there.

I don't have much trouble sleeping when I'm in, even when they do vitals through the night, or hook me up to new meds. I can sleep right through it and usually end up sleeping until at least 10 in the morning. I love my doctors and nurses, and being able to just focus on getting myself better is wonderful. As much as I hate taking time out from the "real world," sometimes I need it in order to refocus myself.

nmw0615

<br />
<br />I don't have much trouble sleeping when I'm in, even when they do vitals through the night, or hook me up to new meds. I can sleep right through it and usually end up sleeping until at least 10 in the morning. I love my doctors and nurses, and being able to just focus on getting myself better is wonderful. As much as I hate taking time out from the "real world," sometimes I need it in order to refocus myself.

azdesertrat

I too have had a love/hate relationship with hospitals. The staff(s) have been fantastic, very few 'clinkers'. I never minded the vitals & med changes. I'm a very light sleeper but I usually go right back to sleep or kept watching late night TV afterwards. I like that EVERYONE always makes sure that getting me well is their most important concern. I'm very blessed; when I went in for 'clean-outs' I always went to Good Samaritan Hospital in PHX AZ. That has got to be one of the finest institutions on the planet. When I go in for transplant related issues I go to University of AZ. Not as good but still a fantastic hospital. In both cases, the nurses are amazing. Good nurses will make/break a hospital. Thank you to any nurse that may read this; my wife & I love you all. Nurses make my life so much more pleasant & have saved my miserable carcass on more than one occasion! Inevitably, after a week or 2 I'm ready to split. I'll beg my DR's to 'post my bail'. One can only stand so much you know...

azdesertrat

I too have had a love/hate relationship with hospitals. The staff(s) have been fantastic, very few 'clinkers'. I never minded the vitals & med changes. I'm a very light sleeper but I usually go right back to sleep or kept watching late night TV afterwards. I like that EVERYONE always makes sure that getting me well is their most important concern. I'm very blessed; when I went in for 'clean-outs' I always went to Good Samaritan Hospital in PHX AZ. That has got to be one of the finest institutions on the planet. When I go in for transplant related issues I go to University of AZ. Not as good but still a fantastic hospital. In both cases, the nurses are amazing. Good nurses will make/break a hospital. Thank you to any nurse that may read this; my wife & I love you all. Nurses make my life so much more pleasant & have saved my miserable carcass on more than one occasion! Inevitably, after a week or 2 I'm ready to split. I'll beg my DR's to 'post my bail'. One can only stand so much you know...

azdesertrat

Printer

The ENJOYABILITY of a hospital stay is in direct corrolation to the PLEASANTNESS of the nursing staff.

Bill

Printer

The ENJOYABILITY of a hospital stay is in direct corrolation to the PLEASANTNESS of the nursing staff.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />Bill

serendipity730

I second what Brad said! I have had too many too count. At least one per year, from ages 8-21. Now, I do most IV antibiotic courses entirely at home. As a kid, I think the hospital was sort of 'novel'. I got presents when I was there, and such. As an adult, being in the hospital means being away from my home and husband.

serendipity730

I second what Brad said! I have had too many too count. At least one per year, from ages 8-21. Now, I do most IV antibiotic courses entirely at home. As a kid, I think the hospital was sort of 'novel'. I got presents when I was there, and such. As an adult, being in the hospital means being away from my home and husband.

serendipity730

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Love/Hate here! The two hospitalizations DS has had were 3-6 weeks each of never ending, day to day stress -- not knowing if he'd have to have surgery again, not sure when we'd be able to go home...

On the other hand, it was where DS needed to be. DS' digestive issues seem to throw everyone for a loop when he's gotten obstructions. The care was excellent, staff for the most part was excellent --- except for the one sadistic RT whom DH had to yell at for not paying attention and allowiing the vest to 18 HZ two days after ds had abdominal surgery.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Love/Hate here! The two hospitalizations DS has had were 3-6 weeks each of never ending, day to day stress -- not knowing if he'd have to have surgery again, not sure when we'd be able to go home...

On the other hand, it was where DS needed to be. DS' digestive issues seem to throw everyone for a loop when he's gotten obstructions. The care was excellent, staff for the most part was excellent --- except for the one sadistic RT whom DH had to yell at for not paying attention and allowiing the vest to 18 HZ two days after ds had abdominal surgery.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />On the other hand, it was where DS needed to be. DS' digestive issues seem to throw everyone for a loop when he's gotten obstructions. The care was excellent, staff for the most part was excellent --- except for the one sadistic RT whom DH had to yell at for not paying attention and allowiing the vest to 18 HZ two days after ds had abdominal surgery.

mamaScarlett

I'm with Bill. It depends so much on the nursing staff and the relationship the nurses have with the cf team. If there isn't alot of communication its a very frustrating time.<br><br>I don't mind the hospital for a few days actually. Esp if I feel like its really warranted that I'm there, and that I'm using that time to heal. But after 4-5 days I miss my daughter too much and any good that the hospital is doing gets outweighed by the stress of being separated from her and I have to go home.<br>