Do you have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa?

Faust

The thing is, once you get it (and for the most part, all CF's eventually will), you can "clear it" with drugs, but the lungs are such deeply porous areas spanning such a large area, that you will basically have it for life once you do actually get it.

It is all around us, it is literally on everything we interact with. Age of lungs and dumping a crazy ABX regimen to try to "clear" it seems to help for a while, but in the end, it sticks to you. Mucoid, non-mucoid, sounds great on paper...And I know I personally have varying levels of both, but basically once you culture it, it's never going to be fully gone. It can go on vacation and not show residency over a period of time, but it is never "gone" once it sets up shop in your lungs.

The good news is, PA is not a death sentence. I am 37 years old with very high 90's in the PFT % realm. To me the most important thing is body/flora maintenance and not getting on ABX to try and eradicate something that will not be eradicated. Even if you momentarily have undetectable levels in your sputum, it *IS* still down there. Picture something as complicated as a tennie court filled with a half inch of sponge material. Now tell someone to try and introduce something via the blood stream near one end (and won't properly flow to all areas due to all kinds of reasons), and you want that one microscopic bacteria to be taken out from a dark, wet, and warm area.

Nuking ourselves buys us time and more often than not makes us sicker. Be smart, take care of yourself, and have fun with the heart beats you got.

Faust

The thing is, once you get it (and for the most part, all CF's eventually will), you can "clear it" with drugs, but the lungs are such deeply porous areas spanning such a large area, that you will basically have it for life once you do actually get it.

It is all around us, it is literally on everything we interact with. Age of lungs and dumping a crazy ABX regimen to try to "clear" it seems to help for a while, but in the end, it sticks to you. Mucoid, non-mucoid, sounds great on paper...And I know I personally have varying levels of both, but basically once you culture it, it's never going to be fully gone. It can go on vacation and not show residency over a period of time, but it is never "gone" once it sets up shop in your lungs.

The good news is, PA is not a death sentence. I am 37 years old with very high 90's in the PFT % realm. To me the most important thing is body/flora maintenance and not getting on ABX to try and eradicate something that will not be eradicated. Even if you momentarily have undetectable levels in your sputum, it *IS* still down there. Picture something as complicated as a tennie court filled with a half inch of sponge material. Now tell someone to try and introduce something via the blood stream near one end (and won't properly flow to all areas due to all kinds of reasons), and you want that one microscopic bacteria to be taken out from a dark, wet, and warm area.

Nuking ourselves buys us time and more often than not makes us sicker. Be smart, take care of yourself, and have fun with the heart beats you got.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />It is all around us, it is literally on everything we interact with. Age of lungs and dumping a crazy ABX regimen to try to "clear" it seems to help for a while, but in the end, it sticks to you. Mucoid, non-mucoid, sounds great on paper...And I know I personally have varying levels of both, but basically once you culture it, it's never going to be fully gone. It can go on vacation and not show residency over a period of time, but it is never "gone" once it sets up shop in your lungs.
<br />
<br />
<br />The good news is, PA is not a death sentence. I am 37 years old with very high 90's in the PFT % realm. To me the most important thing is body/flora maintenance and not getting on ABX to try and eradicate something that will not be eradicated. Even if you momentarily have undetectable levels in your sputum, it *IS* still down there. Picture something as complicated as a tennie court filled with a half inch of sponge material. Now tell someone to try and introduce something via the blood stream near one end (and won't properly flow to all areas due to all kinds of reasons), and you want that one microscopic bacteria to be taken out from a dark, wet, and warm area.
<br />
<br />Nuking ourselves buys us time and more often than not makes us sicker. Be smart, take care of yourself, and have fun with the heart beats you got.
<br />
<br />

sixtyfiveroses

hello,im new to this;Did you notice anything like a change in your exercise or diet? ,that maybe slowed the PA from your culturesfor ten years? Its not been proven,but the no dairy ,no soy, and no wheat diet ,does slow down the cf cells.Now, its just a theory ,but it does work for some.I started a journal writing down everything i ate.Risa gaines is 44 twodbl tx and has proven some of the diet's positive affects.just a theory of mine,it works for me too,im 45 cf ,i dont know my mutations,but i do grow PA.

sixtyfiveroses

hello,im new to this;Did you notice anything like a change in your exercise or diet? ,that maybe slowed the PA from your culturesfor ten years? Its not been proven,but the no dairy ,no soy, and no wheat diet ,does slow down the cf cells.Now, its just a theory ,but it does work for some.I started a journal writing down everything i ate.Risa gaines is 44 twodbl tx and has proven some of the diet's positive affects.just a theory of mine,it works for me too,im 45 cf ,i dont know my mutations,but i do grow PA.

sixtyfiveroses

sixtyfiveroses

sixtyfiveroses

sixtyfiveroses

Hello,im carrie,45wcf.I was wondering do you have an idea of anything you had changed in those 10 months?Thats a very long time to not grow that kind of bug.Do you think maybe you could try to remember if you had a change in diet,or maybe you had no stress in those 10 months.Im doing a research journal on (no soy,no dairy,no wheat)and ive noticed the cf cells have slowed down.Its only theoretically proven,not scientific.What helps some,doesnt always work for others.But sharing information is a good insight for us cfers!

sixtyfiveroses

Hello,im carrie,45wcf.I was wondering do you have an idea of anything you had changed in those 10 months?Thats a very long time to not grow that kind of bug.Do you think maybe you could try to remember if you had a change in diet,or maybe you had no stress in those 10 months.Im doing a research journal on (no soy,no dairy,no wheat)and ive noticed the cf cells have slowed down.Its only theoretically proven,not scientific.What helps some,doesnt always work for others.But sharing information is a good insight for us cfers!

sixtyfiveroses

sixtyfiveroses

sixtyfiveroses

lilmac7

I had it years ago in my teens too but then I got Staph and Cepacia and eventually the PA did not show up and it hasn't in years. I think I've read somewhere that the Staph is somewhat "territorial" so to speak and takes over the PA. Also note that I have no idea how or when I got Cepacia, it was never detected here where I live in the Cayman Islands but back in '02 I went for a proper, long over due visit to a CF clinic in Canada which at first they didn't detect it but after a week there they did my sputum again and it showed up, so did I get it there or did I have it from before who knows?

lilmac7

I had it years ago in my teens too but then I got Staph and Cepacia and eventually the PA did not show up and it hasn't in years. I think I've read somewhere that the Staph is somewhat "territorial" so to speak and takes over the PA. Also note that I have no idea how or when I got Cepacia, it was never detected here where I live in the Cayman Islands but back in '02 I went for a proper, long over due visit to a CF clinic in Canada which at first they didn't detect it but after a week there they did my sputum again and it showed up, so did I get it there or did I have it from before who knows?

lilmac7

lilmac7

lilmac7