Do you stay home to do home ivs or go to work with ivs?

<P>Just got out from the hospital stay that lasted a week. I am going to do home ivs for about 10 more days. My work place allows me to stay home and miss alot of work. Thank God!!! </P>
<P>I am wondering something. Does anyone go to work while they do home ivs?</P>

<P>Just got out from the hospital stay that lasted a week. I am going to do home ivs for about 10 more days. My work place allows me to stay home and miss alot of work. Thank God!!! </P>

BlueBeam

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Iamqueenofeverything</b></i>

Just got out from the hospital stay that lasted a week. I am going to do home ivs for about 10 more days. My work place allows me to stay home and miss alot of work. Thank God!!!

I am wondering something. Does anyone go to work while they do home ivs?</end quote></div><br>yup i did a few 'undercover' days with IVs at work.. i managed to hide it, but it did hurt my morale a lot.. just keep a smile up, do what you have to do... and it will be fine.<br><br>btw, i almost never post so i'll add this... do some physical training after the IVs, it will help you so much... exercise is the key with CF, nothing better.<br>

BlueBeam

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Iamqueenofeverything</b></i>

Just got out from the hospital stay that lasted a week. I am going to do home ivs for about 10 more days. My work place allows me to stay home and miss alot of work. Thank God!!!

I am wondering something. Does anyone go to work while they do home ivs?</end quote><br>yup i did a few 'undercover' days with IVs at work.. i managed to hide it, but it did hurt my morale a lot.. just keep a smile up, do what you have to do... and it will be fine.<br><br>btw, i almost never post so i'll add this... do some physical training after the IVs, it will help you so much... exercise is the key with CF, nothing better.<br>

BlueBeam

Just got out from the hospital stay that lasted a week. I am going to do home ivs for about 10 more days. My work place allows me to stay home and miss alot of work. Thank God!!! <p>

I am wondering something. Does anyone go to work while they do home ivs?<p></end quote><br>yup i did a few 'undercover' days with IVs at work.. i managed to hide it, but it did hurt my morale a lot.. just keep a smile up, do what you have to do... and it will be fine.<br><br>btw, i almost never post so i'll add this... do some physical training after the IVs, it will help you so much... exercise is the key with CF, nothing better.<br>

rubyroselee

Hello,

I have not been in the situation yet, but I would not be able to be away from work with IVs. My clinic does 1-2 days inpatient and then sends their patient home on IVs for the rest of the IV treatment. So basically I would have to head off to work even with the IVs. I work in my own office and very rarely have any face-to-face client contact, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

But I think it's important to measure how you're feeling. If you need extra rest and aren't feeling good, then I think staying home and taking care of yourself is more important.

rubyroselee

Hello,

I have not been in the situation yet, but I would not be able to be away from work with IVs. My clinic does 1-2 days inpatient and then sends their patient home on IVs for the rest of the IV treatment. So basically I would have to head off to work even with the IVs. I work in my own office and very rarely have any face-to-face client contact, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

But I think it's important to measure how you're feeling. If you need extra rest and aren't feeling good, then I think staying home and taking care of yourself is more important.

rubyroselee

Hello,
<br />
<br />I have not been in the situation yet, but I would not be able to be away from work with IVs. My clinic does 1-2 days inpatient and then sends their patient home on IVs for the rest of the IV treatment. So basically I would have to head off to work even with the IVs. I work in my own office and very rarely have any face-to-face client contact, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.
<br />
<br />But I think it's important to measure how you're feeling. If you need extra rest and aren't feeling good, then I think staying home and taking care of yourself is more important.

M

MCGrad2006

Definitely go back to work. i cannot sit still, so I always go back to work! hahaha...

M

MCGrad2006

Definitely go back to work. i cannot sit still, so I always go back to work! hahaha...

M

MCGrad2006

D

Deb

I always work while on IV's. If it's just twice a day I can usually schedule them outside work hours, but three times a day means IV's at work.
The plastic balls work great. I can put it in my pocket and no one even knows I am doing an IV. I am fortunate to have an office so when I have to use the pole for IV's I just set my portable one on my desk and shut my door.
I agree that sometimes it is best to stay home and rest if you are really sick. I have a hard time doing this.

D

Deb

I always work while on IV's. If it's just twice a day I can usually schedule them outside work hours, but three times a day means IV's at work.
The plastic balls work great. I can put it in my pocket and no one even knows I am doing an IV. I am fortunate to have an office so when I have to use the pole for IV's I just set my portable one on my desk and shut my door.
I agree that sometimes it is best to stay home and rest if you are really sick. I have a hard time doing this.

D

Deb

<br />The plastic balls work great. I can put it in my pocket and no one even knows I am doing an IV. I am fortunate to have an office so when I have to use the pole for IV's I just set my portable one on my desk and shut my door.
<br />I agree that sometimes it is best to stay home and rest if you are really sick. I have a hard time doing this.

yrmathews

It depends on the iv schedule. If they are every 6 and 8 hours. I work half days. If they are every 8 and 12 hours, I work most of the day. It also depends if the ivs are gravity bags or pumps. I go to work if they are pumps.

yrmathews

It depends on the iv schedule. If they are every 6 and 8 hours. I work half days. If they are every 8 and 12 hours, I work most of the day. It also depends if the ivs are gravity bags or pumps. I go to work if they are pumps.