Do you use the PAri Vios neb compressor?

amber682

My DD has one, my son has an Inspiration I think? Anyways, his compressor has outlasted 3 Pari Vios. After about 6 monhs they just seem to stop working. The filter is clean, we tried new hoses and such. It is taking her 3X as long as him to do the same meds. The output of air gets so weak, and they get very loud and almost rattley sounding. Shouldn't they last longer than that?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
In a perfect world, yes. But they don't. With all the time spent on these compressors, they just don't last. What really bugs me is that we have a Devilbiss Pulmoaide circa 1992, which we got from a relative for use as a spare. Still works like a charm -- meanwhile we've gone thru Devilbiss Pulmoaide machines about every 2 years. We also have a pari vios -- our first Pari Proneb ultra never DID work correctly -- tobi took 50-55 minutes. We mainly use the Pari or an Inspiration for travel and bought a Mobilairre out of pocket for every day use.

M

Murphysmama

We have gone through 2 vios in one year. Pulmozyne daily and 2 rounds of tobi. We just bought a mobilaire for everyday use. I just don't think the vios can stand up over time. No one else at our clinic uses them but that is what the pharmacy gave us initially. Best wishes!

Beccamom

We go through a Vois about every 6 months. I register them on the Pari website and they send a new one over night. Then they mail a shipping label and I send back the broken machine. Only nice thing is the new one usually comes with a neb or 2.

amber682

Yeah, when I call our homecare company, they send a guy over with a new one same day, and it usually has 2 new nebs in the box. It's not like it's a pain to get a new one, I just always wondered if they are thinking "Again?!" when I call every 6 months. :p