Doctors - #1 MRSA carriers

dream2live

How many CFer's have to deal with their doctors that do not follow protocol, such as, gloving up-gowning up-masking up-and using basic commonsense? I have had doctors not wipe their stethscope with a alcohol wipe. I have had doctors that do not follow the basic protocol to protect me and other patients they see. Doctors are walking germs LITERALLY. I would love to hear from other CFer's that may have the same problem, and how you deal with it.

dream2live

How many CFer's have to deal with their doctors that do not follow protocol, such as, gloving up-gowning up-masking up-and using basic commonsense? I have had doctors not wipe their stethscope with a alcohol wipe. I have had doctors that do not follow the basic protocol to protect me and other patients they see. Doctors are walking germs LITERALLY. I would love to hear from other CFer's that may have the same problem, and how you deal with it.

dream2live

dream2live

dream2live

Landy

My CF doctor does a great job of preventing the spread of germs, my primary...not so much.

One day I asked him if he had just returned from rounds at the hospital and he said "Yes" and I asked if he had washed his hands since, and he gave me this funny look, walked over to the sink & washed his hands. I felt uncomfortable, but you have to be your own advocate.

I help this little neighbor lady reconcile her monthly bank stmt and she does a cross-stitch on canvas type of craft & she asked me if I would like her to make me something & I said "Please make me a sign that says 'Wash your hands' so that when I'm at the Dr, hospital, etc, I can hang it on the door knobs", so she is working on it now!

Landy

My CF doctor does a great job of preventing the spread of germs, my primary...not so much.

One day I asked him if he had just returned from rounds at the hospital and he said "Yes" and I asked if he had washed his hands since, and he gave me this funny look, walked over to the sink & washed his hands. I felt uncomfortable, but you have to be your own advocate.

I help this little neighbor lady reconcile her monthly bank stmt and she does a cross-stitch on canvas type of craft & she asked me if I would like her to make me something & I said "Please make me a sign that says 'Wash your hands' so that when I'm at the Dr, hospital, etc, I can hang it on the door knobs", so she is working on it now!

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />
<br />One day I asked him if he had just returned from rounds at the hospital and he said "Yes" and I asked if he had washed his hands since, and he gave me this funny look, walked over to the sink & washed his hands. I felt uncomfortable, but you have to be your own advocate.
<br />
<br />I help this little neighbor lady reconcile her monthly bank stmt and she does a cross-stitch on canvas type of craft & she asked me if I would like her to make me something & I said "Please make me a sign that says 'Wash your hands' so that when I'm at the Dr, hospital, etc, I can hang it on the door knobs", so she is working on it now!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The clinic and hospital in the City have signs up saying foam in/foam out as well as ones to not be afraid to ask someone to wash their hands in front of you.

Local clinic -- I used to pin a button to DS that said "please wash your hands and stethoscope". And they still looked at me with disdain if I asked them politely.

I also noticed a few years ago, after an article came out regarding how filthy ties were, that our primary cf doctor stopped wearing them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The clinic and hospital in the City have signs up saying foam in/foam out as well as ones to not be afraid to ask someone to wash their hands in front of you.

Local clinic -- I used to pin a button to DS that said "please wash your hands and stethoscope". And they still looked at me with disdain if I asked them politely.

I also noticed a few years ago, after an article came out regarding how filthy ties were, that our primary cf doctor stopped wearing them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Local clinic -- I used to pin a button to DS that said "please wash your hands and stethoscope". And they still looked at me with disdain if I asked them politely.
<br />
<br />I also noticed a few years ago, after an article came out regarding how filthy ties were, that our primary cf doctor stopped wearing them.

jbrandonAW

HAHAHAHA NO. Its sad really. Im currently in the hospital and today (been here 3 weeks) is there first time someone has come in and actually gowned, masked, gloved! Some will put on gloves, most nurses do nothing. Yeah there is a sign on the door too.

Luckily I don't have anything but psuedo. but OMG if I had something worse. I also no its for my protection too but ...well I guess I need to grow some and ask them to gown up...I will say that *MOST* are good to use the hand sanitizer when coming and going.

jbrandonAW

HAHAHAHA NO. Its sad really. Im currently in the hospital and today (been here 3 weeks) is there first time someone has come in and actually gowned, masked, gloved! Some will put on gloves, most nurses do nothing. Yeah there is a sign on the door too.

Luckily I don't have anything but psuedo. but OMG if I had something worse. I also no its for my protection too but ...well I guess I need to grow some and ask them to gown up...I will say that *MOST* are good to use the hand sanitizer when coming and going.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />Luckily I don't have anything but psuedo. but OMG if I had something worse. I also no its for my protection too but ...well I guess I need to grow some and ask them to gown up...I will say that *MOST* are good to use the hand sanitizer when coming and going.