Does anyone go to Pulmonary Rehab or the Gym, etc.?

AnnieT

I just finished pulmonary rehab a little while ago through my insurance. My respiratory therapist encouraged me to continue going to the hospital gym, it's $24.00 a month but the Y has babysitting/nursery provided (I have a 2 year old).

I found that doing the treadmill helps to keep my o2 up, does anyone find that this helps?

AnnieT

I just finished pulmonary rehab a little while ago through my insurance. My respiratory therapist encouraged me to continue going to the hospital gym, it's $24.00 a month but the Y has babysitting/nursery provided (I have a 2 year old).

I found that doing the treadmill helps to keep my o2 up, does anyone find that this helps?

AnnieT

AnnieT

AnnieT

<br />
<br />I found that doing the treadmill helps to keep my o2 up, does anyone find that this helps?

regina65

I would like to do pulmonary rehab but i haven't heard of anyone getting it here . Exercise does help . When i was doing yard work i could breathe a lot better at the end of the day . But when i am just doing house work it isn't the same. We are going to get a treadmill for the winter . I am afraid to go to a public place with all the stuff going around . My lungs are not strong enough for that. (especially H1N1)

regina /44/w/cf/b cepacia/ cenocepacia/mrsa

regina65

I would like to do pulmonary rehab but i haven't heard of anyone getting it here . Exercise does help . When i was doing yard work i could breathe a lot better at the end of the day . But when i am just doing house work it isn't the same. We are going to get a treadmill for the winter . I am afraid to go to a public place with all the stuff going around . My lungs are not strong enough for that. (especially H1N1)

regina65

regina65

regina65

<br />
<br /> regina /44/w/cf/b cepacia/ cenocepacia/mrsa

Melissa75

Administrator
Annie,

I would join the gym if I were you. It is hard to motivate to walk with a kid in a stroller, although that is good too if you are religious about it.

Like Regina, my lungs feel best when I am outside which is strange since air quality outside New York City isn't known for being great, but still feels better than indoor air.

Today, I did a boxing class at the gym; it was fun and I coughed up a bunch of stuff and felt very "open" afterwards. Then in the locker room, two ladies were chatting while perfuming and hairpraying all over the place. My lungs tightened up and I felt like I was back to square one.

Did you read Ronnie's article? Exercise opens the airways, forces some of that mucus to move around. Also, it keeps the rest of your organs in better shape for if you need a transplant someday.
_____
Melissa, 34, bronchiectasis (no CF)

Melissa75

Administrator
Annie,

I would join the gym if I were you. It is hard to motivate to walk with a kid in a stroller, although that is good too if you are religious about it.

Like Regina, my lungs feel best when I am outside which is strange since air quality outside New York City isn't known for being great, but still feels better than indoor air.

Today, I did a boxing class at the gym; it was fun and I coughed up a bunch of stuff and felt very "open" afterwards. Then in the locker room, two ladies were chatting while perfuming and hairpraying all over the place. My lungs tightened up and I felt like I was back to square one.

Did you read Ronnie's article? Exercise opens the airways, forces some of that mucus to move around. Also, it keeps the rest of your organs in better shape for if you need a transplant someday.
_____

Melissa75

Administrator
Annie,

_____

Melissa75

Administrator
Annie,

_____

Melissa75

Administrator
Annie,
<br />
<br />I would join the gym if I were you. It is hard to motivate to walk with a kid in a stroller, although that is good too if you are religious about it.
<br />
<br />Like Regina, my lungs feel best when I am outside which is strange since air quality outside New York City isn't known for being great, but still feels better than indoor air.
<br />
<br />Today, I did a boxing class at the gym; it was fun and I coughed up a bunch of stuff and felt very "open" afterwards. Then in the locker room, two ladies were chatting while perfuming and hairpraying all over the place. My lungs tightened up and I felt like I was back to square one.
<br />
<br />Did you read Ronnie's article? Exercise opens the airways, forces some of that mucus to move around. Also, it keeps the rest of your organs in better shape for if you need a transplant someday.
<br />_____
<br />Melissa, 34, bronchiectasis (no CF)

Havoc

I love going to the gym. I'm typically there between 1-2 hours and do a combination of cardio and strength training. The feeling after I work out is great. I have energy the rest of the day.

Havoc

I love going to the gym. I'm typically there between 1-2 hours and do a combination of cardio and strength training. The feeling after I work out is great. I have energy the rest of the day.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc