Does your child wear a mask to clinic?

MargaritaChic

I read on someone's blog that the CFF protocol is for CF patients to wear a mask when at the CF Clinic.

I had not heard this. Is it true? Does your chil wear a mask when they go to the CF Clinic?

MargaritaChic

I read on someone's blog that the CFF protocol is for CF patients to wear a mask when at the CF Clinic.

I had not heard this. Is it true? Does your chil wear a mask when they go to the CF Clinic?

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I had not heard this. Is it true? Does your chil wear a mask when they go to the CF Clinic?
<br />
<br />

Buckeye

Our clinic has a box of them at the check-in desk. The kids are required to wear them in the waiting room, hallways and weight check room, but when they are in their own exam room they can take it off. They have suggested that my son wear them when he goes down for an x-ray or labs also, although they don't specifically require it then.

Buckeye

Our clinic has a box of them at the check-in desk. The kids are required to wear them in the waiting room, hallways and weight check room, but when they are in their own exam room they can take it off. They have suggested that my son wear them when he goes down for an x-ray or labs also, although they don't specifically require it then.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

just1more

Yes, it is protocol for CF clinics to require patients to wear masks.

Not all do; but if they are following the CFF they should have you wear one anytime you are in possible contact with other cystics.

just1more

Not all do; but if they are following the CFF they should have you wear one anytime you are in possible contact with other cystics.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Not all do; but if they are following the CFF they should have you wear one anytime you are in possible contact with other cystics.

M

Mommafirst

Our CF center asks kids over 2 to wear them while in the halls/waiting room and to consider keeping one in our car so that she can wear it walking through the hospital. HOWEVER... our CF center does an awesome job of staggering patients. We almost never see another CFer. We come in to an empty waiting room, immediately meet with reception, pay and head off to our own room.

I cannot get my daughter to wear a mask. We've tried all wearing them and playing mask games but she throws a fit. So usually I just carry her and keep her head on my shoulder for the walk to the private room. Someday we'll have to convice her to wear the mask.

M

Mommafirst

Our CF center asks kids over 2 to wear them while in the halls/waiting room and to consider keeping one in our car so that she can wear it walking through the hospital. HOWEVER... our CF center does an awesome job of staggering patients. We almost never see another CFer. We come in to an empty waiting room, immediately meet with reception, pay and head off to our own room.

I cannot get my daughter to wear a mask. We've tried all wearing them and playing mask games but she throws a fit. So usually I just carry her and keep her head on my shoulder for the walk to the private room. Someday we'll have to convice her to wear the mask.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I cannot get my daughter to wear a mask. We've tried all wearing them and playing mask games but she throws a fit. So usually I just carry her and keep her head on my shoulder for the walk to the private room. Someday we'll have to convice her to wear the mask.