doing IUI and clomid...

PedsNP2007

Hey just a note re pregnancy: have you looked at your nutritional status? Having a low BMI can cause the body not to ovulate regularly. For women who are underweight and have induction of ovulation (medically induced ovulation), this could be problematic. Several studies have highlighted that these infants can be premature and/or have low birthweight.

Also, how is your overall health? Sometimes the body inadvertently tries to protect itself from pregnancy as it is a very stressful event for a non-optimal person.

I'm not trying to be a devil's advocate here, but trying to stress the severity of a pregnancy when the mom is not of adequate nutritional stores or has low lung statistics.

I'm currently trying to get pregnant (within a month). My CF dr insists I have adequate weight on-board (around a BMI of 21) as the odds are high that weight loss will happen during first trimester. Her words are "you are the incubator and what the baby needs, he/she will take from your supply. So if your supply is not enough, the baby will either suffer or you will be drained." I know a bit harsh... but if the mom is unable to have good nutrition, the odds are the baby will not have a good growth during the pregnancy.

I'd hate to go through all the big tests and procedures to get pregnant and risk having a rough pregnancy or even a premature infant.

Just my opinion!
Jenn
30 yo cf, pediatric nurse practitioner (i see a lot of nicu babies in my unit)

PedsNP2007

Hey just a note re pregnancy: have you looked at your nutritional status? Having a low BMI can cause the body not to ovulate regularly. For women who are underweight and have induction of ovulation (medically induced ovulation), this could be problematic. Several studies have highlighted that these infants can be premature and/or have low birthweight.

Also, how is your overall health? Sometimes the body inadvertently tries to protect itself from pregnancy as it is a very stressful event for a non-optimal person.

I'm not trying to be a devil's advocate here, but trying to stress the severity of a pregnancy when the mom is not of adequate nutritional stores or has low lung statistics.

I'm currently trying to get pregnant (within a month). My CF dr insists I have adequate weight on-board (around a BMI of 21) as the odds are high that weight loss will happen during first trimester. Her words are "you are the incubator and what the baby needs, he/she will take from your supply. So if your supply is not enough, the baby will either suffer or you will be drained." I know a bit harsh... but if the mom is unable to have good nutrition, the odds are the baby will not have a good growth during the pregnancy.

I'd hate to go through all the big tests and procedures to get pregnant and risk having a rough pregnancy or even a premature infant.

Just my opinion!
Jenn

PedsNP2007

Just my opinion!
Jenn

PedsNP2007

Just my opinion!
Jenn

PedsNP2007

<br />
<br />Also, how is your overall health? Sometimes the body inadvertently tries to protect itself from pregnancy as it is a very stressful event for a non-optimal person.
<br />
<br />I'm not trying to be a devil's advocate here, but trying to stress the severity of a pregnancy when the mom is not of adequate nutritional stores or has low lung statistics.
<br />
<br />I'm currently trying to get pregnant (within a month). My CF dr insists I have adequate weight on-board (around a BMI of 21) as the odds are high that weight loss will happen during first trimester. Her words are "you are the incubator and what the baby needs, he/she will take from your supply. So if your supply is not enough, the baby will either suffer or you will be drained." I know a bit harsh... but if the mom is unable to have good nutrition, the odds are the baby will not have a good growth during the pregnancy.
<br />
<br />I'd hate to go through all the big tests and procedures to get pregnant and risk having a rough pregnancy or even a premature infant.
<br />
<br />Just my opinion!
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf, pediatric nurse practitioner (i see a lot of nicu babies in my unit)