doing the vest with a pulled muscle

catboogie

i'm pretty sure i have a pulled muscle in my back. i'm taking Advil, using the heating pad, and trying to rest my back so it will heal. some types of coughing REALLY set it off. and the last two times i've done my vest it bothered the area and was sore for a while after i finished.

i know that airway clearance is important, so i'm pushing through this pain in order to keep on top of treatments. last night, my boyfriend suggested that doing the vest might be hurting it more (although it feels kind of good to have something pounding on it, the pain it causes makes it difficult to breath in deeply.)

so what do you guys think, should i keep doing my vest or stick to just HS/albuterol nebs for now? i cough up a ton of crap with just the HS.

laura

catboogie

i'm pretty sure i have a pulled muscle in my back. i'm taking Advil, using the heating pad, and trying to rest my back so it will heal. some types of coughing REALLY set it off. and the last two times i've done my vest it bothered the area and was sore for a while after i finished.

i know that airway clearance is important, so i'm pushing through this pain in order to keep on top of treatments. last night, my boyfriend suggested that doing the vest might be hurting it more (although it feels kind of good to have something pounding on it, the pain it causes makes it difficult to breath in deeply.)

so what do you guys think, should i keep doing my vest or stick to just HS/albuterol nebs for now? i cough up a ton of crap with just the HS.

laura

catboogie

laura

catboogie

laura

catboogie

<br />
<br />i know that airway clearance is important, so i'm pushing through this pain in order to keep on top of treatments. last night, my boyfriend suggested that doing the vest might be hurting it more (although it feels kind of good to have something pounding on it, the pain it causes makes it difficult to breath in deeply.)
<br />
<br />so what do you guys think, should i keep doing my vest or stick to just HS/albuterol nebs for now? i cough up a ton of crap with just the HS.
<br />
<br />laura
<br />
<br />

NoExcuses

i have pulled a muscle 3 times and each time i continued to do my vest.....

no clue if it slowed the heeling but i wasn't willing to risk getting a lung infection.

hope you heel soon!

NoExcuses

no clue if it slowed the heeling but i wasn't willing to risk getting a lung infection.

hope you heel soon!

NoExcuses

hope you heel soon!

NoExcuses

hope you heel soon!

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />no clue if it slowed the heeling but i wasn't willing to risk getting a lung infection.
<br />
<br />hope you heel soon!