Donate button! and other forum related stuffs

D

Dank

Hi all, I've been here for quite awhile, mostly dormant and reading new things. Just wanted to introduce myself to those I have not had the pleasure of communicating with. I decided to help out where I can with my computer/server expertise, to help maintain the forums and website moving forward.

Just a quick update from us over here at the CF Forums. We hope to provide a constant forum where our information is shared, so we can achieve great things!

I'd like to attempt to keep the forums updated through the latest versions, so there may be small periods of downtime in the future, but please bare with me! I'll give announcements prior to downtime just so everyone is aware.

I also added the Donate button at the menu bar - the donations will go directly to keeping the forums active and maintaining them. Please do not feel obligated!

We're all in this together. As a community we can figure out how to best overcome the challenges we are burdened with. Through support of each other we can continue to grow and thrive as a community, helping each other hopefully stay healthy and well.

From one CFer to another, breathe easy!
-Dank

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
CysticFibrosis.com is a valuable resource and it has served the CF community for 20 long years. When the Dot.com era began, investors were scrambling to envision how a social network could make money. There was value in the list of Facebook subscribers and Facebook had more subscriptions than anybody could image. They make money from TV's model of selling advertising and you can count on every picture being mined for information. It's worth at least a thousand words. They include soulless software that uses vision to analyze the style, color and size of any shoes, laces, socks, clothing, watches, jewelry, dentition including any braces, history of braces and whiteness of the teeth. I could go on but these are not ways I see easily supporting this website, we have an orphan disease and an orphan population.

I'd like to see CysticFibrosis.com continue to grow and develop the home management tools like Telemedicine and interactive conferences and webinars. Twenty years is about when founders begin thinking about how to reinvigorate their baby and bundle it up for the next generation to perpetuate a wonderful resource center for CF.

From what I know of the cost of building something as substantial as this 20 year old resource, somebody has spent the equivalent of a life savings, maybe even two life savings to serve us.

If you can, I encourage everyone to donate. It's for our own benefit!

LL

W

windex125

nice to hv you on board Dank, I must be honest I am not sure how I got to this site, who told me abt it ? but it has been wonderful source of information for me and I am thankful for that. I just learned maybe abt 2 years ago that Imogene was one of the original start up people? When some of the things on the site got changed, I got stuck and askd her for help. I am not that good at the computer, or spelling lol but I treasure this site. So thank you for all yr. help. Pat/60

W

windex125

littlelab4 I shd be not even admit to this but I did not understand any of yr, second parg. did you mean updating software for the site? And are we talking abt donating money? Pls stop laughing I know how crazy I sound I'm just really out of the loop. I'm old....

D

Dank

Hi Windex! I appreciate it! It's been an interesting journey so far, just looking to help out where I can.

LL4CF was talking about how we can use the people, community, and data from these pages - with insight from others to help evolve the forums into something more helpful to the community. There's a lot in the works to help everyone. Donations to the site help keep it running, and we're happy to keep it running for the community. We don't use advertisements like most places to help the website stay alive, we're truly run on donations and hard work!

W

windex125

so where so I donate? and what is a button ? I'm still trying to figure out when someone posted rock/salt? what does that mean?.. just think of it as helping out a older lady. Thank you so much...

Hi Windex! I appreciate it! It's been an interesting journey so far, just looking to help out where I can.

LL4CF was talking about how we can use the people, community, and data from these pages - with insight from others to help evolve the forums into something more helpful to the community. There's a lot in the works to help everyone. Donations to the site help keep it running, and we're happy to keep it running for the community. We don't use advertisements like most places to help the website stay alive, we're truly run on donations and hard work!

katesmith1304

I don't think there's a way to put a donate button on a Reddit sub. The closest thing to what you want to do is having a stickied post at the top of the sub with an explanation of the charity and a link to the donation website for that charity. You'd have to be a mod of the sub to be able to do that.