Donations Thank YOU!

Imogene

Administrator
So far, we have given away 22 iPad2s to CF patients and 5 to CF Centers....so how are you using them?
We love giving them away...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much! DS does 3 vest treatments a day, so he plays games -- Angry Birds, Scribblenauts, Jaws... or watches Netflix or Disney Channel shows during that time.

Imogene

Administrator
Does it help him with his schoolwork? I thought at one time, you had a stylus? and he was practicing handwriting. Does he have "rocket math"?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It does, although during treatments he gets to do whatever he wants to occupy his time. It's separate from his schoolwork time. He does do some reading and practice spelling words, but for the most part vest time is his time.

He does have an alphabet program he works with using the stylus, which he uses to practice writing his letters. I'm sure we'll be utilizing a similar program during this school year as they've just started learning cursive. There's a "magnetic" letter program he uses to practice his spelling words. He also does have Rocket Math. And a couple weekends ago we were researching tree frogs after he found a tiny one and wanted to know what kind of frog it was.

Wow, what a great idea! We had a family member loan an ipad to my son when he was hospitalized for the 4th time in 6th months (rough year) and it made such a difference! It was easier for him to handle when he didn't feel like moving (GI issues plus sinus infection & lung infections), so much easier than a laptop. Helped with homework, also with doing math & reading games online when we didn't have homework and just playing games when he couldn't sleep at night.