Donor Family

jennyb

Have many of you heard from your donor family? I have written twice and haven't heard anything. I hope one day they will contact me, and we can meet. I would love to say tahnk you in person, and hopefully they would be part of my life.

jennyb

Have many of you heard from your donor family? I have written twice and haven't heard anything. I hope one day they will contact me, and we can meet. I would love to say tahnk you in person, and hopefully they would be part of my life.

jennyb

jennyb

jennyb

Joanne

Jenny,

I was tx'd 10 years ago and have not heard from my donor family.
It is okay that way. What I am reminded is that they are dealing with a death, while I am dealing with life. Everyone deals with it differently. Everyone who donated has a different experience and also how the death occurred.

I have been told if it was a suicide that many times the family cannot get themselves to write... just too difficult.

Here is another thought. Remember the donor family can no longer see, touch, hear, be with, or hear their loved one laugh..... that is so sad.

Good luck
Joanne

Joanne

Jenny,

It is okay that way. What I am reminded is that they are dealing with a death, while I am dealing with life. Everyone deals with it differently. Everyone who donated has a different experience and also how the death occurred.

I have been told if it was a suicide that many times the family cannot get themselves to write... just too difficult.

Here is another thought. Remember the donor family can no longer see, touch, hear, be with, or hear their loved one laugh..... that is so sad.

Good luck
Joanne

Joanne

Jenny,

Good luck
Joanne

Joanne

Jenny,

Good luck
Joanne

Joanne

Jenny,

Good luck
Joanne

F

fr3ak

I wrote my first letter 3 months post tx.

I know from my co ordinator that my donor family had received my letter and had made enquiries as to how I was going but I had not heard anything from them personally.

I decided last year (4 year) to write to my family again, I just felt it was the right time etc.

You have to remember your donor family needs time to grieve which is why I held off from writing to them again...

Begining of this year I received my first letter from them and funny enough they apologised to me for not writing sooner but explained it was just too difficult...

I feel bad because I haven't written back as of yet, but I have been busy with life, I am planning on making it an anual thing to write to them around my anniversary to let them know they haven't been forgotten! (next month is my 5 year anniversary)

Good luck and let us know how you go

F

fr3ak

I know from my co ordinator that my donor family had received my letter and had made enquiries as to how I was going but I had not heard anything from them personally.

I decided last year (4 year) to write to my family again, I just felt it was the right time etc.

You have to remember your donor family needs time to grieve which is why I held off from writing to them again...

Begining of this year I received my first letter from them and funny enough they apologised to me for not writing sooner but explained it was just too difficult...

I feel bad because I haven't written back as of yet, but I have been busy with life, I am planning on making it an anual thing to write to them around my anniversary to let them know they haven't been forgotten! (next month is my 5 year anniversary)

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

Lungboy911

I found out that 9 out of 10 times we recipients do not hear from our donors family. So don't feel left out, I am 4 years out from transplant & haven't heard a word from the donor family. However, what I do is send an updated letter every Christmas, which reminds me, it's that time again.

Lungboy911

I found out that 9 out of 10 times we recipients do not hear from our donors family. So don't feel left out, I am 4 years out from transplant & haven't heard a word from the donor family. However, what I do is send an updated letter every Christmas, which reminds me, it's that time again.

Lungboy911

Lungboy911

Lungboy911