e-mailing Oprah/CF awareness

Drea

HI,I have been asking people on some of the message boards to e-mail Oprah Winfrey and request a show on CF. You can e-mail her by going to www.Oprah.com Just ask her for a show on CF and tell your story. Let her know about CF, what it's like to be a teen with CF, other kids reactions if they know about it, if you hide it or let people know. What you have to do to get ready for school in the a.m. ........ I am hoping that if we get enough people to do it that they will help raise awareness. Please, give it a try. Thanks!Andrea

anonymous

Anonymous, I don't know if you were joking or not, but we want to raise awarness, not get Oprahs sympathy. The more people who know the less times we have to explain it to people who give us blank stares when we inform them of our CF, the more children who will be diagnosed correctly without being misdiagnosed a dozens times beforhand, and the more people who will donate or help us fight for a cure. Oprah is one of the most watched t.v. shows and isn't trashy like some others. I think that it is a GREAT idea Drea. I too will e-mail her!

Drea

Thanks,for the defense. Yes I am trying to get attention for all of those with CF(even those of you who don't care for Oprah) The point is to get the word out, and people watch Oprah. I am not e-mailing Jerry Springer or looking for sympathy. Oprah has donated money to a lot of organizations and I'd love it if she wanted to donate to the CFF and help us ALL get a cure fo CF. Even if she doesn't want to donate, just a bit of her airtime could help someone get a correct diagnosis. When my daughter was in the hospital a few years ago I met a little bot who was 8 years old and just being diagnoses even though he had been sickly all his life. He had been told he had allergies and asthma. The main reason his case went through the cracks was his African-American descent. The doctors missed it because of his color but his mother knew all along that he was sick but she didn't know what to call it. Oprah can help us give this disease a name in all communities! If you don't want to e-mail her, fine don't but don't mock those of us who want to help others.Andrea