Eating problems

anonymous

Saturday May 15, 2004 4:02 AM (NEW!) Hi... I was just wondering if anybody wcf has ever experienced an eating disorder such as bullimia or other related problems. I know most cf's are really thin and would love to gain weight. However, despite being pancreatic insufficient (i.e. i need enzymes otherwise my digestive system goes haywire), my weight has always been on the heavier-side of the "healthy" weight range, sometimes even overweight. Lately i've been wanting to lose weight... but despite all my efforts i'm always binging anyway. Do cf's naturally just have larger appetites than normal? i am ALWAYS hungry. Could CFRD be a possibility? i don't really have many of the other symptoms of cfrd. Sometiems i do get extreme bouts of thirst, but thats usually because i've been purging in desperation to rid my body of all the food previously consumed. I don't feel comfortable discussing eating disorders with my doc, because quite frankly i know how luck i am to be a little overweight rather than underweight (as the cf team constantly reminds me). i never have much energy... so dietting is really hard. I have also tried to stop enzymes altogether but even this didn't work. I lasted a few months without enzymes and lost no weight at all (and believe me, the side-effects weren't pretty ). Oh, and for the record i am 17 f, wfc... , alright lung function, GERD etc. ANY replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks