Endocannabinoid System

bojangelsjr

There hasn't been a post regarding cannabis oil used as medicine. The threads that I see are from years ago. Neither of the threads go on and talk about the endocannabinoid system. This is shared by all mammals and it regulates so much of our bodies. We naturally have cannabinoids within our ECS so it should come to no surprise that cannabis makes us feel good. From a medical stand point it is more commonly used for pain management, nausea, and insomnia. However, patients with CF, MS, ALS, or Parkinson's have reported benefits from using cannabis oil. THC and CBD are stimulate our CB1 and CB2 receptors which affect our brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve. Using cannabis oil can help produce saliva which is correlated to getting rid of mucus in our lungs.

shaddoxd

We have been giving our daughter CBD suppositories infused with peppermint essential oil since she was 9 months old. She was diagnosed at birth and we knew that maintaining her lung health by addressing inflammation would be important while we wait for a cure. Looking at the drug JBT-01 in the pipeline and how it mimics CBD by attaching to CBD2 receptors, we felt comfortable with administering CBD in its place. Our daughter is now 4 and has never been hospitalized and has avoided harsh colds or flus we think in part to our essential oils routine. Keep an open mind and trust results everybody!

tracebann

Alternative medicine are more accepted now a days due to it's promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine don't give negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. I came to this article https://homegrowncannabisco.com/blog/health-wellness/medicate-safely-cannabis/ and found some ways to safely medicate with cannabis. Hope this helps...