Excellent Presentation on Muscle Loss & CF - I think a must read

JENNYC

Hey guys a little while ago we were blessed enough to be invited to a fantastic CF meeting with 2 very incredible Dr's. I wish I had the audio to go with this...but I did get this slide and if you have a minute I highly recommend you take a look at it. It suggest that Creon does not dissolve protein like it does fat within 30 to 45 minutes... but actually looks like it doesn't start breaking down protein until 2 to 3 hours after taken in which time the protein would no longer be in the stomach to absorb properly. This just makes so much sense to me and has really opened my eyes. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I have never uploaded anything on here before ... it says I was successful but let me know if you don't see the attachment please. :)

Gammaw

Super Moderator
Hi Jenny. You might want to go to "Go Advanced" under the Quick Reply section to see what options might fit your attachment type. I also suggest people might want to PM (private message) you with their email address if they prefer to keep from posting their email address.

M

madmax33

Hi Jenny

The video is not showing up and I would love to see it. I am very interested in how The older Cfers are doing with other health issues also. Thanks Max

Mr CFX

Thanks for letting us know about this, having seen the slide presentation i was wondering since you were at the actual event what details were given to help that aren't on the slide.

For example it states that usually we need 1.5g of protein to a kg of bodyweight but with cf we can have and most likely need more so did they say how much more we can have?

Also if as you said the protein isn't broken down by our creon enzymes quick enough and we pass most of our protein then what can we do about this, any specifics given?

And apart from the usual meats that carry high levels of protein and essential amino acids did they say that we should be supplementing on anything or any particular aminos OR can we get in enough daily from our diets providing our apetite is good?

Would be lovely if you could potentially add any further info you can remember or share as opposed to the slide which obviously isn't as great detail as the audio in person when you were there!

Thank you again, very helpful and interesting!

JENNYC

Sorry...yes. He suggested that maybe we should provide a high protein snack 2 to 3 hours after meals, and give a few enzymes depending on how you normally take your enzymes for any fat intake that you get with your snack. But of course I would also consult your dietician and get their input on this suggestion. Our dietician was good with us doing this.