Excess IV supplies!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We have so many extra IV supplies. If anyone could use them, we'd be happy to send them out.
The boys haven't touched them- most of them are in the bags from the home care company. Here's a list:

3 boxes of 100 non-latex gloves

102 10ml syringes saline flush exp. 12/15

18 5ml syringes saline flush exp. 10/15

30 10ml syringe heparin exp.8/15

21 10ml heparin exp. 12/15

2 boxes 200 alcohol wipes large

1 box alcohol wipes small

7 dressing change kits

nmw0615

If you had a home care nurse, see if he or she can use any of the supplies. When I switched from a PICC line to a port, I had a lot of extra PICC supplies I have to her. She likes having the extras, in case she has a patient who hasn't heard of an item, like the line extensions, or doesn't have the item.

R

Red9928

My IV nurse wouldn't accept extras but recommended giving them to a veterinary office. My local vet was happy to accept all the flushes and I was happy not to throw them out!!

jshet

Hi Jane, i was wondering if the dressing change kits are for port flushes? My son will be loosing his insurance next month, and i am trying to stockpile what i can while we wait for a determination from disability. We are good on e erything else. Thsnis so much, janelle

musclemania70

I donated $500 worth to my local SPCA/humane society and they sent me a letter for a tax deduction.
they will gladly accept supplies/NO meds

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Janelle, the dressing kit is Med Stream Dressing Change Tray MSDC-014702 if you want to look it up.
We used it for both ports and PICC changes.

jshet

Thank you Jane. I did check our dressing kits, and the numbers are different, so i am thinking they might not work. I hope soneone else can use tgem thiugh. Janelle

K

kgfrompa

I sure could use the latex gloves if you still have them Thank you

K

kgfrompa

i LL TAKE MY EXTRA DRESSING KITS TO THE VETERINARY CLINIC,I HAVE BEEN GIVING THEM TO THE VISITING NURSES BUT I KEEP ENOUGH FOR THE NEXT TIME I NEED IVS THIS WAY I DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR EVERYTHING TO ARRIVE TO START MY PORT BUT TAKING THEM TO THE VETS IS A BETTER IDEA THANKS