Exercising with my elevation mask

M

morgo

If you limit your oxygen intake while exercising you body will be forced to do more work to breathe. However, limiting your oxygen while exercising will increase anaerobic cellular respiration this will mean longer recovery times. So if you find fatigue to be an issue and/or muscle recovery to be an issue as I do. It may not be all that great. But I say try it and let us know how it goes.

ethan508

When I started exercising more regularly, I got a cheap finger tip pulse-oximeter ($25-$50) and would check my pulse and SpO2 a couple times during a session. That way I could make sure I wasn't overdoing it (i.e. too high of pulse or too low of SpO2).

Melissa75

Administrator
Enzo,

Your other thread stated that the physical work of your job is overwhelming you and you plan to ask for accommodations to rest more. Given that stated issue, adding an elevation mask to any exercise you're trying to do on top of your job seems like a potential misplacement of your energy.

I recommend that your first goal be achieving milestones (that you set and continue to push on) of exercise/work duration and intensity. Then if someday you feel that your intense exercise is no longer a challenge, maybe consider this tool.

However, you should discuss this with your clinic before buying/trying. I suspect the mask cannot be sanitized and could grow plenty of bacteria and fungus that would be dangerous to a person with compromised lung defense (scarring...as per your other threads).