Experiences with Indrepta and TauriNAC

Helenlight

Hi everyone, please can you share your experiences with Indrepta and TauriNAC (positive or negative). If you could include the type of Indrepta (A, B, or C) and your mutation, that would be helpful. Thanks!

jaimers

Super Moderator
I only took Indrepta B for about 1 month at the full dose and then had some hospitalizations and started a drug study so I stopped it. I do feel like it helped me cough up more junk and plan to restart it once the drug study is finished in January. I took Taurinac 3x per day (started at the same time as the I) and have continued with that. It helps me tremendously. Thins the mucous and makes it so much easier to cough up. I know there have recently been some manufacturing issues with the Taurinac so it's currently out of stock but the Indrepta is available. Have you joined the facebook group about I & T? there is a lot of info on there too! here is a link to the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlanetaryBiosciences/

Helenlight

Thanks Jaimers, yes we joined the group last year and started giving Indrepta C to our daughter (6 yrs) in January. We definitely noticed positive changes in ability to cough up mucus and better digestion. She had no antibiotics for 6 months which is a record. Unfortunately however, her eczema got much worse, and we are fairly sure the Indrepta contributed to that somehow, so we stopped it. I'm really keen to hear from others who have tried it to see what different responses there are, and whether anyone else experienced what we did. We also used the TauriNAC which I feel is also a good product that did not affect her skin.

jimcaldwell

Administrator
Hi Helenlight,
I helped produce both products (TauriNAC and Indrepta) though the non-profit organization Sharktank Research Foundation. At the same time my 20 year old daughter has been taking Indrepta for 1.5 years and TauriNAC some of the time. In the first 5 months she went from 71% to 83% FEV1, and has maintained at least 80% since then. She has not had IV antibiotics for 2.5 years which has been great. She has tried Indrepta A, B, and C and I think she likes B the best as she is DDF508. The results vary from person to person just like anything else out there, but considering the price for each product, I think it's worth a try. You will know within 2-3 months if the products will give you the boost you are looking for. When developing the product we insisted on keeping the price low, the ingredients had to be top notch, and since all the ingredients are deemed safe by the FDA, we were able to bring this to the market relatively quick. It is true we have had some manufacturing issues with TauriNAC but I believe we are on track to solve this supply issue starting next week. I agree with jaimers that is probably best to join the facebook group she listed and read what others say about the products. Jim

EnergyGal

Helenlight

Thanks Jaimers, yes we joined the group last year and started giving Indrepta C to our daughter (6 yrs) in January. We definitely noticed positive changes in ability to cough up mucus and better digestion. She had no antibiotics for 6 months which is a record. Unfortunately however, her eczema got much worse, and we are fairly sure the Indrepta contributed to that somehow, so we stopped it. I'm really keen to hear from others who have tried it to see what different responses there are, and whether anyone else experienced what we did. We also used the TauriNAC which I feel is also a good product that did not affect her skin.

I wrote a long post to you here trying to help you and then for some reason my post did not go through. I wrote about my experience in the Indrepta and TauriNac group on fb. I hope this posts now. Best wishes!

I just wrote a long reply to someone on the CF website about skin issues and then my long post did not post-Bummer! This lady thinks her child has eczema due to Indrepta. Based on my experience of course- When taking herbs that help to potentiate CF- you need less enzymes. I had to eliminate high histamine foods thinking that suddenly I could not eat them. No longer the case- I have been off all digestive enzymes organ and veggie based for a month now. Currently, I am only using Digestive bitters and Indrepta plus other herbs. I can now finally consume all high histamine foods again. Digestive bitters are digestive enzymes. I think the organ enzymes do not work-as many know they can cause DIOS. The fungal based plant sourced enzymes might be contributing to fungal infections with some patients. All I know now is that I can finally can eat these high histamine foods with no rash and my muscle tone is improving so I know that Digestive Bitters work along with Indrepta and TauriNac is keeping our bodies healthier. Here is the take away- Try not to blame just one thing even though you think you have eliminated every variable as there is always a cause and effect.

Helenlight

Hi Energygal,

I only just saw your reply, thanks for that :) Can I ask what your mutations are? How long did it take before you could reintroduce high-histamine foods? Are you still taking Indrepta?

Thanks!