Fall over tired, and have no energy. Kind of scaring me

Asexyblond23

Ok, Went on IV's. Tried orals for about 5 weeks, luck then no luck, we all know the routine. So I said lets do IV's before I get to run into the ground. I start them and oh my gosh I feel like I have literally been hit by a bus. I am sleeping at least 15 hours a day. All I am is tired. No energy for anything. It kind of is scaring me. I have never been this tired when I went on IV's. I know, im thinking well my body needs it but this is intenese. I sleep, wake up for an hour or two, sleep, wake up for 3 hours, sleep, up for 3 hours then bed. I have NEVER slept this much in my life. I was not sleeping this much before IV's. Has anyone had this experience. I mean yes when I would go on meds, the first couple of days it would kick me down but NEVER this hard. It kind of scares me how tired and ehausted I am. I am just wondering if anyone else has been knocked down this hard. Could it be the meds?

angelsmile423

.I have that exact same problem. It could be the meds. What I get worried about is my little sister. She livwes with me so when i fall asleep she has nobody to attend to her. Anything could happen. Im only 22 years old and i feel like im 80

semnle34

Sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy :0( I exhibited the same symptoms about 2 years ago and went into the hospital. While I was there my sputum grew Non-Tuberculousis Mycobacterum. My doctor attributed my new symptoms to that. Exhaustion, night sweats and chronic infections. The fatigue part was the worst. Maybe you can have your doctor run a sputum to check for it. Its so common for CF'ers to have it now. Keep me posted on how your feeling. If your body's telling you to sleep....sleep :0)

shellbell

fatigue thoughts

sputum grew Non-Tuberculousis Mycobacterum.
That was my same thought as to the fatigue being tied to Mycobaterium. There are many strains and they are identified through a sputum culture but it has to be a specific test for this. It is not the traditional sputum culture which only takes a few days for results. This takes 4-6 wks and is usually done in a series of three. I have had it for a few years and it is hard to determine which changes in my lungs are only CF related and which are Myco Bacteria related. The mycobacteria usually causes fatigue, night sweats, loss of weight. I have been fortunate not to have many of these symptoms although I know it is affecting me. You can ask your doctor to test it for you.

Asexyblond23

Thank you everyone!! I do need to call on tuesday and see what I cultured last time I was in about 3 weeks ago. I guess its just as I get older the harder it hits me. I always thought that I was invincable and that I could do it all!

LouLou

Thank you everyone!! I do need to call on tuesday and see what I cultured last time I was in about 3 weeks ago. I guess its just as I get older the harder it hits me. I always thought that I was invincable and that I could do it all!

Sounds normal to me. I believe its a combo of die off from the mass carnage on bacteria going on (drink water to rid the body of the toxins), the body trying to find a new normal while on the toxic meds & tiredness while the body is rebuilding and repairing.

Listen and do as your body asks to get the biggest bang for your buck with this round of IVs!

W

windex125

I am also a MAC person and get the night sweats, always feel run down, so I do less. I am not one to nap in the afternoon, and have bad innsomonia as well. But I force myself to sit for short periods of time thru out the day. I also am very tired the first week of IV's till the body adjusts. Take it easy, it will get better, we are like rubber bands most times. Pat/57

C

CFcyster2012

Might be something as simple as your Iron? Make sure you're eating protein!

dream2live

Have you had blood work to check your iron and potassium? Our body uses every calorie, muscle, etc. just to breathe and that itself will make you tired.

CrisDopher

Excellent suggestions above.

Checklist:
- bloodwork: iron, electrolytes, hydration, kidney function
- are you getting adequate hydration? I always go on IV saline drip overnight the first few days of IV antibiotics. It helps.
- nutrition: you can't fight infection without fuel. Additional vitamins may help.
- probiotic once or twice daily
- oxygen saturation, esp while sleeping
- exercise: I know it's hella difficult when you feel like you do, but even getting out for a brisk 20-minute walk will ultimately make you feel better. "Ge the blood moving" isn't just a saying. It quite literally is required when fighting back from illness or injury.

Cris Dopher

bluegirl

i thought maybe it was my age being the biggest factor in my chronic tiredness, i guess it does contribute. my dr says that my body is always fighting infection and then there is the never-ending coughing. i read from others here about the meds contributing as well. i use the weekends to rest. i was anemic for a while, they discovered that while i was in the hospital but not now. i get bld wk a few times a year and think it is a good idea for you to get checked out. maybe something else is at work and can be corrected. good luck.

i know how you feel. just rest all you can and do a little bit of exercising everyday like dusting all the rooms, walking around the house etc. do what you can and add some fore mintues every day!