Fecal sample?!

anien2

The fecal sample is probably for a Vander Kramer test, to see how good is your digestive system dealing with lipids. My kids have done it a couple of times, we had to take fecal samples for three days at home, keep it refrigerated and then take it to the hospital. It is not the most elegant thing I have done in my life but it wasnt a big deal neither.

anien2

The fecal sample is probably for a Vander Kramer test, to see how good is your digestive system dealing with lipids. My kids have done it a couple of times, we had to take fecal samples for three days at home, keep it refrigerated and then take it to the hospital. It is not the most elegant thing I have done in my life but it wasnt a big deal neither.

robert321

Giving the sample wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be, but even still, that was pretty far up there on the list of the "most dreaded" of things I've had to do cf related. I think I would lose my mind if I had to do that at home. I really hope they don't find anything, not necessarily because I'm worried about the potential problem but because I don't want to do that again.

robert321

Giving the sample wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be, but even still, that was pretty far up there on the list of the "most dreaded" of things I've had to do cf related. I think I would lose my mind if I had to do that at home. I really hope they don't find anything, not necessarily because I'm worried about the potential problem but because I don't want to do that again.

lilmac7

Geeze Robert you just about had me in stitches! LMAO your comments here are hilarious!!! Yeah not the nicest thing to have to do. I haven't done it very often but the time I did it they made me record all of what I ate and how many enzymes I took with each meal/snack AND I remember having to do it for a couple days also. Wish my time was as easy as your one time "catch n hand over"! Lol

lilmac7

Geeze Robert you just about had me in stitches! LMAO your comments here are hilarious!!! Yeah not the nicest thing to have to do. I haven't done it very often but the time I did it they made me record all of what I ate and how many enzymes I took with each meal/snack AND I remember having to do it for a couple days also. Wish my time was as easy as your one time "catch n hand over"! Lol

breatheforher

When they did the work up on my daughters sinuses it was to see what bugs were lurking. He explained that sinus drip into the lungs is like planting seeds to grow nasty bugs in lungs. My daughter cultures pseudomonas in sinuses;but thanks to this early detection by CF doc and starting sinus rinses and inhaled Tobi (since age 7) she has never cultured PA in her lungs (confirmed by bronch and washings).

breatheforher

When they did the work up on my daughters sinuses it was to see what bugs were lurking. He explained that sinus drip into the lungs is like planting seeds to grow nasty bugs in lungs. My daughter cultures pseudomonas in sinuses;but thanks to this early detection by CF doc and starting sinus rinses and inhaled Tobi (since age 7) she has never cultured PA in her lungs (confirmed by bronch and washings).

robert321

I'm still not real sure what they were testing for in the sample. I'm inclined to believe it wasn't for lipids because they didn't have me keep a detailed record of what I ate. I do know that I'll never look at a tongue depressor or sample cup the same way again. I might vomit if someone tries to actually hold my tongue down with one. I'll ask the nurse next time she comes around and see if any results have come back yet.
They didn't really do any workup on my sinuses just ordered a cat scan of them. There's been several things like that I didn't completely understand. You want to look at my sinuses before figuring whats growing up there? Come to think of it, he hasn't ever even looked up my nose with one of those ear looker things.
I didn't talk much when he came for rounds this afternoon, so I'll talk to him tomorrow (or better yet, I expect the nurse practiciner to be around tomorrow and I like her better anyway)

robert321

I'm still not real sure what they were testing for in the sample. I'm inclined to believe it wasn't for lipids because they didn't have me keep a detailed record of what I ate. I do know that I'll never look at a tongue depressor or sample cup the same way again. I might vomit if someone tries to actually hold my tongue down with one. I'll ask the nurse next time she comes around and see if any results have come back yet.
They didn't really do any workup on my sinuses just ordered a cat scan of them. There's been several things like that I didn't completely understand. You want to look at my sinuses before figuring whats growing up there? Come to think of it, he hasn't ever even looked up my nose with one of those ear looker things.
I didn't talk much when he came for rounds this afternoon, so I'll talk to him tomorrow (or better yet, I expect the nurse practiciner to be around tomorrow and I like her better anyway)