Feeding tube during pregnancy

Meg73

Hi there. I have a mickey button and I was wondering if I would have to have it removed before getting pregnant. I'm afraid that it would be extremely uncomfortable during later pregnancy. Thanks!

Meg73

Hi there. I have a mickey button and I was wondering if I would have to have it removed before getting pregnant. I'm afraid that it would be extremely uncomfortable during later pregnancy. Thanks!

Meg73

Meg73

Meg73

mom2lillian

do you need the feeding tube? If you have problems enough gaining weight when not pregnant I woudl think it would be VERY difficult to gain weight sufficient for a pregnancy without it. Gaining weight/being at a sufficient weight is vital to a healthy pregnancy.

What have your doctors said about TTC and the mic?

mom2lillian

do you need the feeding tube? If you have problems enough gaining weight when not pregnant I woudl think it would be VERY difficult to gain weight sufficient for a pregnancy without it. Gaining weight/being at a sufficient weight is vital to a healthy pregnancy.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />What have your doctors said about TTC and the mic?

LouLou

Are you using the Mickey for added nutrition at this point?

I don't have any advice for you about this because I've never had a tube and I haven't read about any other moms tube feeding while pregnant. I do know that nutrition is very important during pregnancy and would assume that its not suggested to carry a baby if you need supplemental nutrition to stay at a healthy BMI.

If you are asking purely if it should be removed prior to pregnancy, I'm sorry I assumed its still in use but I didn't think they left devices in place that weren't being utilized. In that case I would say yes it should be removed prior to pregnancy.

I wasn't going to respond because I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about this topic but I felt bad that no one had responded. It just goes to show you though that most of us that persued pregnancy made sure to have our nutrition totally in check. Even so it was quite a job to gain the requested weight of 25-30 lbs during my pregnancy but I did it!

LouLou

I don't have any advice for you about this because I've never had a tube and I haven't read about any other moms tube feeding while pregnant. I do know that nutrition is very important during pregnancy and would assume that its not suggested to carry a baby if you need supplemental nutrition to stay at a healthy BMI.

If you are asking purely if it should be removed prior to pregnancy, I'm sorry I assumed its still in use but I didn't think they left devices in place that weren't being utilized. In that case I would say yes it should be removed prior to pregnancy.

I wasn't going to respond because I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about this topic but I felt bad that no one had responded. It just goes to show you though that most of us that persued pregnancy made sure to have our nutrition totally in check. Even so it was quite a job to gain the requested weight of 25-30 lbs during my pregnancy but I did it!

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />I don't have any advice for you about this because I've never had a tube and I haven't read about any other moms tube feeding while pregnant. I do know that nutrition is very important during pregnancy and would assume that its not suggested to carry a baby if you need supplemental nutrition to stay at a healthy BMI.
<br />
<br />If you are asking purely if it should be removed prior to pregnancy, I'm sorry I assumed its still in use but I didn't think they left devices in place that weren't being utilized. In that case I would say yes it should be removed prior to pregnancy.
<br />
<br />I wasn't going to respond because I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about this topic but I felt bad that no one had responded. It just goes to show you though that most of us that persued pregnancy made sure to have our nutrition totally in check. Even so it was quite a job to gain the requested weight of 25-30 lbs during my pregnancy but I did it!

Meg73

I am using the tube, and I can keep a healthy weight with it's help. If I had to, I would make sure I could maintain my weight without the tube before removing it and attempting to become pregnant. I have had the tube for years and haven't tried to go without it just because it's something I have done for so long.

I have talked to my CF doctor, and he said that health-wise I'm doing well enough to try for a baby, but he hasn't ever had any patients who had feeding tubes while pregnant so he didn't know much about that. I'm hoping the high-risk OB/GYN that he referred me to for a pre-pregnancy appointment will know more.

I did manage to find an article on-line about a woman who had a feeding tube put in while she was pregnant, so I'm hoping I can just keep it.

Thank you both for answering. I really appreciate it. I was getting rather lonely with no one answering my post.

Meg73

I am using the tube, and I can keep a healthy weight with it's help. If I had to, I would make sure I could maintain my weight without the tube before removing it and attempting to become pregnant. I have had the tube for years and haven't tried to go without it just because it's something I have done for so long.

I have talked to my CF doctor, and he said that health-wise I'm doing well enough to try for a baby, but he hasn't ever had any patients who had feeding tubes while pregnant so he didn't know much about that. I'm hoping the high-risk OB/GYN that he referred me to for a pre-pregnancy appointment will know more.

I did manage to find an article on-line about a woman who had a feeding tube put in while she was pregnant, so I'm hoping I can just keep it.

Thank you both for answering. I really appreciate it. I was getting rather lonely with no one answering my post.

Meg73

Meg73

Meg73

<br />
<br />I have talked to my CF doctor, and he said that health-wise I'm doing well enough to try for a baby, but he hasn't ever had any patients who had feeding tubes while pregnant so he didn't know much about that. I'm hoping the high-risk OB/GYN that he referred me to for a pre-pregnancy appointment will know more.
<br />
<br />I did manage to find an article on-line about a woman who had a feeding tube put in while she was pregnant, so I'm hoping I can just keep it.
<br />
<br />Thank you both for answering. I really appreciate it. I was getting rather lonely with no one answering my post.