feeding tube

jbrandyn

Hello,
So I was wondering if any of my elder CFers Have gtubes still. I have had one for 10 years and I do not use it except for golytly when I have an obstruction. It itches and burns all the time and interferes with my ability to do exercise. So my doc wants me to think about getting it removed abd as much as I would like that I do not know if I should do it.
So if anyone has had their tube removed I would love to get your insight and reccomendations.
thanks and best wishes.

jbrandyn

Hello,
So I was wondering if any of my elder CFers Have gtubes still. I have had one for 10 years and I do not use it except for golytly when I have an obstruction. It itches and burns all the time and interferes with my ability to do exercise. So my doc wants me to think about getting it removed abd as much as I would like that I do not know if I should do it.
So if anyone has had their tube removed I would love to get your insight and reccomendations.
thanks and best wishes.

mwinston87

keep it! i had one from 8th grade until junior year of hs when i thought i was able to hold my own weight wise and then just last year i stopped being able to maintain my weight as i started to get more sick more often and had to get another one placed. might as well keep it because its helpful for those sick times when eating by mouth is more challenging

mwinston87

keep it! i had one from 8th grade until junior year of hs when i thought i was able to hold my own weight wise and then just last year i stopped being able to maintain my weight as i started to get more sick more often and had to get another one placed. might as well keep it because its helpful for those sick times when eating by mouth is more challenging