feeling a bit down .. stressed ..

hbollotte

i feel ya!!!! i uderstand the daddy thing. they do help out, but we are with the 24/7. sometimes i just want to leave morgan with dustin and not tell anyone where i'm going.

hbollotte

i feel ya!!!! i uderstand the daddy thing. they do help out, but we are with the 24/7. sometimes i just want to leave morgan with dustin and not tell anyone where i'm going.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

H

hopesiris

Oh it's a hard adjustment when they start to nap less and get more mobile. Less waking at night maybe but more physical activity/needs during the day. It can be very tiring. My advice to you is to try to go do activities that are fun for Brianna but also give you some adult interaction. Play groups and mommy and me classes do help though it takes planning and will power to get out of the house (and of course you both need to feel well enough). Play groups have worked out well for us because Amelia gets to play while I get to sit, chat and eat. We both get recharged and then she goes down for a solid nap. Getting all that energy out does help napping, plus when the naps are long enough you can snooze for part or all of it too. I skimp on household duties as much as I can.

H

hopesiris

Oh it's a hard adjustment when they start to nap less and get more mobile. Less waking at night maybe but more physical activity/needs during the day. It can be very tiring. My advice to you is to try to go do activities that are fun for Brianna but also give you some adult interaction. Play groups and mommy and me classes do help though it takes planning and will power to get out of the house (and of course you both need to feel well enough). Play groups have worked out well for us because Amelia gets to play while I get to sit, chat and eat. We both get recharged and then she goes down for a solid nap. Getting all that energy out does help napping, plus when the naps are long enough you can snooze for part or all of it too. I skimp on household duties as much as I can.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

Kristen

I don't have kids, but I will say that I think having CF and stress often seem to go hand in hand! I often feel overwhelmed about working full time, having a social life, taking care of the household, and fitting in all the things that come with having CF. I'm not very good at dealing with it, so the only advice I have is I sometimes try to tell myself "no one is going to die if the house isn't neat." And ditto Lamp about doing double duty on things, if you can. I like to drag my nebulizer into the kitchen and do dishes and cook while at the same time. (((Hugs))) to you!

Kristen

I don't have kids, but I will say that I think having CF and stress often seem to go hand in hand! I often feel overwhelmed about working full time, having a social life, taking care of the household, and fitting in all the things that come with having CF. I'm not very good at dealing with it, so the only advice I have is I sometimes try to tell myself "no one is going to die if the house isn't neat." And ditto Lamp about doing double duty on things, if you can. I like to drag my nebulizer into the kitchen and do dishes and cook while at the same time. (((Hugs))) to you!

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

rubyroselee

Hey Tina,

I totally feel your pain. I've had a cold for a couple days now and just want to rest but I just can't seem to get that time to myself. When I have both boys by myself it can totally be overwhelming. For example, the other night Gavin was screaming to eat I was trying to make a bottle when Landon came running into the kitchen, slipped on the floor, landed on the kitty water bowl and it dumped over on his face. So now I've got both kids screaming for me, Landon is soaked, and they've both got tears streaming down their face. I was heartbroken because I couldn't be there for both of them at the same time. But moments like these happen all the time. And you just have to know in your heart that you're doing the best you can do. But you have to also have time for yourself. When I get the kids to bed I take an hour for myself - watch TV, read a book, do a craft, etc. That's what keeps me sane. Hope you feel better soon and know that you're doing a great job as a mom!

rubyroselee

Hey Tina,

I totally feel your pain. I've had a cold for a couple days now and just want to rest but I just can't seem to get that time to myself. When I have both boys by myself it can totally be overwhelming. For example, the other night Gavin was screaming to eat I was trying to make a bottle when Landon came running into the kitchen, slipped on the floor, landed on the kitty water bowl and it dumped over on his face. So now I've got both kids screaming for me, Landon is soaked, and they've both got tears streaming down their face. I was heartbroken because I couldn't be there for both of them at the same time. But moments like these happen all the time. And you just have to know in your heart that you're doing the best you can do. But you have to also have time for yourself. When I get the kids to bed I take an hour for myself - watch TV, read a book, do a craft, etc. That's what keeps me sane. Hope you feel better soon and know that you're doing a great job as a mom!

rubyroselee

Hey Tina,

rubyroselee

Hey Tina,

rubyroselee

Hey Tina,
<br />
<br />I totally feel your pain. I've had a cold for a couple days now and just want to rest but I just can't seem to get that time to myself. When I have both boys by myself it can totally be overwhelming. For example, the other night Gavin was screaming to eat I was trying to make a bottle when Landon came running into the kitchen, slipped on the floor, landed on the kitty water bowl and it dumped over on his face. So now I've got both kids screaming for me, Landon is soaked, and they've both got tears streaming down their face. I was heartbroken because I couldn't be there for both of them at the same time. But moments like these happen all the time. And you just have to know in your heart that you're doing the best you can do. But you have to also have time for yourself. When I get the kids to bed I take an hour for myself - watch TV, read a book, do a craft, etc. That's what keeps me sane. Hope you feel better soon and know that you're doing a great job as a mom!