Feeling so tired and exhAusted

Does anyone feel so drained at the end of the day with dealing with all the responsibilities with your job and cf? There are nights were I get enough sleep but still feel so exhausted. There are days were I'm in my bed wanting to do nothing because cf is so demanding. The weather doesn't help where I live bc it changes daily.

sugarcookie

CF is very demanding. There are so many meds to juggle and then when you get sick and really need rest, you get to take more meds or IV's. We all feel like you do, esp those of us who are sicker and have transplants on our radar.The best advice I can give you as a fellow CFer Iis to get out of bed. Do something everyday. I know you work, I don't, so I make sure to have something accomplished each day. It may be something as simple as going to the library to get a book. I understand your frustration.

JustDucky

Yeah...I feel that way by the end of the day and I don't even work. I don't know how people manage CF and work, especially once the PFT's are on the low side. It's just an exhausting disease. We don't just pop a few pills and then off we go. We have to do hours of nebs and physio and take pills even before our day really begins. That's tiring enough in my opinion. And that's just the easy part....trying to simply breathe and function sucks the energy right out of me. I have to plan my activities accordingly. It goes something like this...if I do A, then I must rest before I think about even trying to do B. Or if I do C, then B is out of the question completely because I know I will be too tired . By the end of the day, I am done with compromising physically and mentally and just flop into bed (while doing my PM meds and nebs).

Jenn 41 wCF

bcl0328

We don't just pop a few pills and then off we go. We have to do hours of nebs and physio and take pills even before our day really begins.

I do. When I get up for work, take all my pills, do my treatments, then off to work. My nebs take about 3 min each.