finding out..............

T

theDUDE

How long after you finish the work-up do you find out if you are listed or not? Is there a meeeting or do you find out by phone?

T

theDUDE

How long after you finish the work-up do you find out if you are listed or not? Is there a meeeting or do you find out by phone?

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

Liza

Hi, I think it depends on the center and how "well" you are at the time of your evaluation.

We were told initially that it would be about two to three weeks before we'd know and that they'd let our CF clinic know. So we assumed that the CF docs would be the ones to tell us.

However, when Anna went for eval. she'd just finished up a round of IV antibiotics and was doing "well" at that exact moment. And I mean JUST finished, like the day before we flew out to CA for the evaluation. They told her the very day she actually had her appointment with the transplant doctor. The very last appt. of the evaluation. They had said that she was a good candidate but not ready for transpalnt yet. That was late Nov. after Thanksgiving, by New Year's she was back in the hospital and by the end of Jan. they wanted her back and to be prepared to be listed.

When did you have your eval.? Or are you getting ready to have it? They should tell you an approximate time frame. If they don't or didn't, ask them or your CF team.

Good luck!

Liza

Hi, I think it depends on the center and how "well" you are at the time of your evaluation.

We were told initially that it would be about two to three weeks before we'd know and that they'd let our CF clinic know. So we assumed that the CF docs would be the ones to tell us.

However, when Anna went for eval. she'd just finished up a round of IV antibiotics and was doing "well" at that exact moment. And I mean JUST finished, like the day before we flew out to CA for the evaluation. They told her the very day she actually had her appointment with the transplant doctor. The very last appt. of the evaluation. They had said that she was a good candidate but not ready for transpalnt yet. That was late Nov. after Thanksgiving, by New Year's she was back in the hospital and by the end of Jan. they wanted her back and to be prepared to be listed.

When did you have your eval.? Or are you getting ready to have it? They should tell you an approximate time frame. If they don't or didn't, ask them or your CF team.

Good luck!

Liza

Good luck!

Liza

Good luck!

Liza

<br />
<br />We were told initially that it would be about two to three weeks before we'd know and that they'd let our CF clinic know. So we assumed that the CF docs would be the ones to tell us.
<br />
<br />However, when Anna went for eval. she'd just finished up a round of IV antibiotics and was doing "well" at that exact moment. And I mean JUST finished, like the day before we flew out to CA for the evaluation. They told her the very day she actually had her appointment with the transplant doctor. The very last appt. of the evaluation. They had said that she was a good candidate but not ready for transpalnt yet. That was late Nov. after Thanksgiving, by New Year's she was back in the hospital and by the end of Jan. they wanted her back and to be prepared to be listed.
<br />
<br />When did you have your eval.? Or are you getting ready to have it? They should tell you an approximate time frame. If they don't or didn't, ask them or your CF team.
<br />
<br />Good luck!
<br />
<br />

coltsfan715

I was asked if I wanted to be listed at one of my last appointments at the transplant center - well one of the last appointments for my evaluation.

At my center the way things work is every week the team - nurses, physicians, surgeons, respiratory therapists and so on - meet and discuss their relavent cases. In the event of evaluations they discuss the patient and get opinions from everyone on whether or not they think that the patient would be a good candidate for transplant and so on.

That gives them the decision whether or not THEY would list you at all. From there they decide based on the test results if it is necessary that you are listed now or if you should wait.

For me I met for my last appointment - mainly a follow up from everything - the day AFTER they meet to discuss the new cases (i.e. mine). I went in talked to the doc and the appointment ended with are you ready to be listed? I was completely unprepared and thought for sure that I would have to wait weeks to hear back from them.

I don't know if my situation is normal or not but that is how it worked for me.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I was asked if I wanted to be listed at one of my last appointments at the transplant center - well one of the last appointments for my evaluation.

At my center the way things work is every week the team - nurses, physicians, surgeons, respiratory therapists and so on - meet and discuss their relavent cases. In the event of evaluations they discuss the patient and get opinions from everyone on whether or not they think that the patient would be a good candidate for transplant and so on.

That gives them the decision whether or not THEY would list you at all. From there they decide based on the test results if it is necessary that you are listed now or if you should wait.

For me I met for my last appointment - mainly a follow up from everything - the day AFTER they meet to discuss the new cases (i.e. mine). I went in talked to the doc and the appointment ended with are you ready to be listed? I was completely unprepared and thought for sure that I would have to wait weeks to hear back from them.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />At my center the way things work is every week the team - nurses, physicians, surgeons, respiratory therapists and so on - meet and discuss their relavent cases. In the event of evaluations they discuss the patient and get opinions from everyone on whether or not they think that the patient would be a good candidate for transplant and so on.
<br />
<br />That gives them the decision whether or not THEY would list you at all. From there they decide based on the test results if it is necessary that you are listed now or if you should wait.
<br />
<br />For me I met for my last appointment - mainly a follow up from everything - the day AFTER they meet to discuss the new cases (i.e. mine). I went in talked to the doc and the appointment ended with are you ready to be listed? I was completely unprepared and thought for sure that I would have to wait weeks to hear back from them.
<br />
<br />I don't know if my situation is normal or not but that is how it worked for me.
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey