Finding time

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'd like some advice from the forum on this. My husband and I are both Christians and were active in a wondeful church for many years. When we had kids and bought a house in a new town we found a great church nearby. Our kids went to Sunday School there for several years and we met many great people. The thing that brought us to that church as it turns out was the thing that caused us to leave. Another family has two grown children with CF. One of them has since passed away, but the other is the youth leader and Sunday School teacher for older kids.

When Josh turned 12, we left the church to avoid any contact between the two. That was three years ago and I have to admit that we haven't gone to church since. Its not that we don't want to, but we just can't find the time. My boys have been SO complicated recently. It seems that Sunday is the only day of the week that we can be together as a family, take care of household things and rest.

I have SO much guilt from not going and not providing that experience to my kids. They would certainly benefit from the support of a church family and youth group, and we need the support as well, but it just seems to be too much to handle right now.

How do you all find time for treatments, IVs, PT, etc AND get to church on Sunday morning?

ANIM8R84

Dear Jane, I am sorry to hear of your trouble. It has obviously been some time since you wrote this and I hope you have found out a conclusion by now, but I decided maybe to put in my two cents. Can't hurt huh? Anyway, First off, I am a Christian (Baptist) and in my Teenage years I was rebellious and decided to not go to church. I can tell you things I have acknowledged from that point in my life. Oh How your two boys NEED fellowship with God and other Christians right now, especially. They not only have their typical teenage troubles but have to deal with a terminal illness as well. As for being around other CFers, Would it hurt to wear a mask? I doubt they would really want to do that. I think the main reason we "cfers" have to be careful around other CFers is because of stuff like Cepica and serious stuff easily acceptable to us. If the youth pastor isn't holding nay illness from his CF (ie; cepacia, sudamona (dunno how to spell these things, sound 'em out, lol) ) then I think it would be okay to still attend. That is another awesome thing to know other Christians w/ CF. I wish I was as fortunate. Well, I just typed straight from my mind, so I don't know if this makes sense, but I hope you are all doing good and somehow find a way to go back to church!!! XO!

~In Christ - Christine Shoe

22/F/CF
2 Liver transplants in need of a third
CFRD

Mockingbird

I can relate; it is vey difficult to get to church with everything else I have to be doing. I am not able to go on Sundays at all because I am usually working, but some churches hold service on other days, Even then, however, when I do have the time, I don't have the energy.

My only answer is to pray, and to be patient. It has been about 6 months since I have been able to attend church regularly. During this time, however, I am still maintaining my fellowship with God and including Him in all my life, and I know in time He will free up my schedule and provide the means for me to establish a church family again. In the meantime, however, I understand it is His will I should be at work for right now instead of church. Though I have my suspicions, I am not entirelly sure why, so all I can do is give thanks for each day and be always mindful of Him. (I try to, anyway)

Sorry I cannot really help, but I will certainly pray for you and your family. I am confident God will answer your prayer when the time is right. =-)