Flaxseed and pregnancy

Scarlett81

Just wanted to update, though if anyone still feels uncomfortable using flax then go with your gut, but-
I just got off the phone with my OB and she said flax in the reccomended daily dose (1-2 Tbl) is 100% fine and good for baby's brain development.
She said there's alot of cautioning info out there about it for people that say, eat it with every meal, b/c that may not be good. But she said there's no proven study that's it harmful and for me, someone who has trouble absorbing nutrients from my food, the EFA from it will be helpful to the fetus.
So-I'm going to go with her word. Again, I always think if you don't feel comfortable with it, then absolutely don't. But I just figured I'd let you know anyway.

LouLou

good to know Christian. yep it's all about taking in everything in moderation. I read everything and had decided to keep taking it at least until I got pregnant but now I will take it during the pregnancy as well. thanks for sharing!

LouLou

good to know Christian. yep it's all about taking in everything in moderation. I read everything and had decided to keep taking it at least until I got pregnant but now I will take it during the pregnancy as well. thanks for sharing!

LouLou