Flu after getting the vaccine

Liza

My daughter's been getting her flu shot for 24 yrs (since she was 4 months old) and I for 22 (big giant chicken that I am) and have not gotten sick or come down with the flu, ever (knock on wood).

CyrilCrodius

[Long banter against vaccination]
That you are so far off the nutcase scale that you do not think twice about providing advice that could mean DEATH to the people here according to people who are more knowledgeable than you is...
to put it bluntly, stupid as ƒuck wouldn't start to cover it.

I would personally advise you to ƒuck off this forum forever. You are dangerous.
But I'm not the boss of here and not the boss of you. Unfortunately.

CyrilCrodius

Uh ok...
anyway, for anyone else interested, last year I too received the vax and got confirmed flu twice, with pneumonia complications twice. I've since seen a specialized immunologist at Mt. Sinai NYC to determine how well I make antibodies to vaccines and turns out, I do not make them well at all! So for anyone interested it may be worth checking into that in some cases.
Sorry you went through this 4hats....(NEB) Cough spit rest repeat...;)

I've gotten the flu vaccine every year and I got the flu one time, last year. It knocked me out for about a week, but I would still say it was quite mild - I only ran low-grade fevers and didn't really have body aches, I just literally couldn't get out of bed and slept for like 16 hours a day. I know some people get the flu shot twice - September is a little early to get it, my doctor told me to wait until October so that might have made a difference, it may have just not been as effective because it's been 3 months?
Last year the flu vaccine was not effective though, so I probably had the strain that wasn't covered very well. They are moving towards a 4-strain vaccine for everyone though - this year there were some 3-strain and some 4-strain. Are you sure you had the 4-strain vaccine? My doctor told me that it wasn't available until mid-October but that may have only been in our area, or something.
Also it's relatively normal to have some mild symptoms for a few days after the vaccine - it does elicit an immune response to "teach" your body what the flu strains are that year so that if you encounter actual flu the immune response will be much faster. Better that than a full-blown flu.
As for you, cfjeff, I sincerely hope that you haven't ditched all of your actual medications for fake science.

Last year's strain was particularly virulent and severe. It took from 2 to 4 weeks for healthy adults to get over it. I had never seen that before. It was really bad last year. The epidemic started earlier than usual (at least in my area), right during the vaccination period, which means that people didn't get a chance of getting immunized and building immunity before the virus hit. We were taken by surprise.
You can see the flu trend for previous years here : http://www.google.org/flutrends Click on your area to have a closer look.

I had never, ever caught the flu in my life in spite of skipping vaccination several years, but last year, I caught it. I fought it in less than a week with Tamiflu and a week of IV antibiotics. That frankly blows my mind considering what I saw in the ER when I went myself (grown men sweating, coughing, having a really really hard time) and how long it took healthy people to get over it. Still, it left me with damage that I never recovered from and it shows on neither PFTs or X-rays. Even when I managed to get my lung function to a 2 years high this summer, I still felt worse than I did before the flu. I cannot afford to take the chance of catching flu again by skipping vaccination because I will likely end up on oxygen for the rest of my life. So I got my vaccine this year.

occupyjapan

good i'm glad you found my youtube, i'm not hiding anything! I've got a youtube down-loader my self no big deal there, i'm not taking anything down. Of course i don't advocate medical advice, i'm not an allopathic medical doctor nor would i want to be. I don't advise anyone to do anything, i merely offer suggestions. If you want to know about disease or medical advice go see an allopathic doctor as they have a monopoly on the word disease cause that is what advice is built around... Pill for every ill & cut & remove medicine and there is a place for that as well, not saying it's wrong.

Dr. Wallach was the first veterinarian doctor to discover cystic fibrosis in a non human or to be specific an infant monkey named rhesus. They had all the research on this monkey because it was meant for space so the history on this primate went back and fortunately was documented and studied by him. Dr. Wallach stumbled on the fact that when the trace mineral selenium was lowered it coded and activated the genome that codes for cystic fibrosis and when raised it turned off the gene. Dr. Wallach's findings were confirmed by the experts from johns hopkins school of medicine, emory university and the university of chicago!! Exerts from nih and the cf foundation were overjoyed... Until they learned that wallach could reproduce the cf changes with congenital selenium deficiency in almost any animal species... And with this revelation dr. Wallach was fired. Research would dry up if you found the cure! Anyhow shoot me an email address and i can send you a pdf of what he says strait from his books.

I am not a sovereign citizen. I follow guru frank o'collins on how roman ecclesiastical law truly derived from and why it is deceitful and is a form of slavery. I go with frank because he knows the current system has to be consumed rather than the madness of seeing some sort of justice in playing petty games within the current model. I also follow winston shrout, not for application purposes but i enjoy knowing how things work and more importantly why and specifically the reasons why. I think the sovereign movement is a joke but i like dean clifford as at least he raises some bad ass questions about the law and there tactics in the court room. Incidentally that was frank o'collins on my youtube talking about where sovereignty came from, it's true origin cause those movement type people are quacks due to misinformation.

You really have to talk to people whom have been through the mud of society to truly learn anything instead of denouncing there experience and chalking it up to quackery. sometimes good people have to be taught what is stupid... And stupid people have to be taught what is good. -let's raise ourselves out of ordinary finger pointing.

Ps. I hope your ducks don't get too hungry cause they will be nipping at your fingers looking for morsels of truth.
|

quack quack quack quack quack

CFjeff73

That you are so far off the nutcase scale that you do not think twice about providing advice that could mean DEATH to the people here according to people who are more knowledgeable than you is...
to put it bluntly, stupid as ƒuck wouldn't start to cover it.

I would personally advise you to ƒuck off this forum forever. You are dangerous.
But I'm not the boss of here and not the boss of you. Unfortunately.

Cyril...

Interesting use of words, incidentally did you know that incessively needing to drop the "F-bomb" is just a poor excuse for trying to make things bigger than they really are, which btw they aren't.

I've put out my statements as FACTS in order that people will be allowed to make informed decisions which certainly beats just going to the doctor for medicine or injections, getting sick and still scratching your head for the whys. Let me ONCE AGAIN state the indisputable FACTS...

-Drug companies and Doctors don't list there ingredients in vaccinations.
-I've listed a bunch of the toxins in EVERY vaccine and questioned there so called scientific purpose??? Are these toxins just dangerous distractions to give the body something harder to fight while the bug virus being less toxic can be slowly introduced on a harmful cellular level compromising the immune system. Perhaps it's kinda like kicking someone in the shin so they will be temporarily numb to preexisting back pain but now after so many kicks to the shin they won't be immune to having shin surgery...The Science is Junk... and anyone whom thinks otherwise is plain suffering from cognitive dissonance in my opinion.
-Drug companies aren't allowed to be held liable if their injections damage and steal health like thieves in the night.
-Drug companies and Science have no conclusive long/short range or even double blind studies to support the effectiveness of being inoculated with such cocktail injections.
-Vaccines are a form of Allopathic Science in which Medical Doctor use "reductionistic" delivery methods that treat the body as only a mere machine.

Check out this video, skip to 9min&20sec into it as Dr. Peter Gliddeon talks about the difference between Allopathic MD's and Hollistic Medicine and also how medicine is delivered based on how the body itself is viewed. Science views it as nothing more than a machine and when it breaks down has to be put back togeter piece by piece requiring a single method delivery system of medicine and how wrong that is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gveWzE0J-js

Anyhow I also understand that everyone's immune system is different based on what people consume and what type of genetic constitution a person is born with.
I also am fortunate enough not to have been started off in the hospital in my first 2 years of life which are most critical to my development and puberty as the allopathic science based medicine would have hyped me up on antibiotics bringing my immune resistance wayyy down and fed me in an unnatural way as well. I truly am blessed that my mom had enough sense to pull me out of all medical attention when the Doctors gave up on me and said I only had 2 weeks to live. I am living proof that Holistic Medicine works and I ALWAYS question what the doctors are doing and most importantly seek to know WHY.

Love and Light & no ill will to anyone who makes their own choices.

turtle10000000

The flu vaccine CANNOT give you the flu!!!

Jeff, you are dangerously delusional and possibly mentally ill. You are typing word salad which is a symptom of severe mental illness. Please seek help now, if not for yourself, then the people you are potentially hurting with your quackery.

Oh my gosh this made my day! Thank you so much for pointing that out!. It always pisses me off when people are spouting out real junk science and claim vaccines don't work or the flu vaccine is capable of giving you the virus. 1. Vaccines don't work... HAH! That's why measles, polio and numerous other deadly viruses were nearly eradicated (until this new age junk science idiots starting claiming pharmaceutical corporations just made these vaccines to make money) in the United States and other developed countries. 2. The flu vaccine gives you the flu... is such BS and it's impossible!!! The vaccine is composed of specific parts of the virus (NOT all of it) in order to give the viral coding to the body's immune system in which it then makes antibodies against. Saying the flu vaccine can give you the flu is like saying a car without an engine and wheels can still drive. Please people use the brain God gave you! Oh and thanks to the above quoted poster for your factually accurate logic!!!

turtle10000000

|

quack quack quack quack quack

Oh my gosh you made my day again occupyjapan! You just know exactly how to respond to such idiocy and misguided thinking. With these zealots I have found you can never finish an argument/conversation with them nor convince them of your point. Their brains and mind are closed off to the other side of the argument. Now to finish this I have a great quote that I find applies to every debate "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." -Stuart Chase

Oh yeah my dad is a neonatal doctor and has been in the medical field 20+ years. He said to take every study with a grain of salt and agrees their can be bias studies. Then he said "you can search the world for any medical study and use it to say whatever you want" much like the Bible. Truth is, you need the full context to truly decipher what the study (or scripture) is trying to say. However, there are some things which are just plain simple and can be seen by anyone who isn't on a crusade. Vaccines are NOT active or even full viruses. They cannot infect you, it is only the coding which your body reads to create antibodies, which is injected into you WITHOUT the infectious agents/parts. Again, look back at how polio and measles and other viruses rampaged through the world until vaccines stopped them. Just look at how the population has increased along with the birth and survival rate. And no, I wasn't there, that's why we have records and photographs! You anti-vaccine people are like the people who claim the holocaust never happened! We have photos, records and survivors! Oh and vaccines are from NATURE dumbass! Just like antibiotics- we got it from fungi! Almost all- if not all- medicines are derived or directly come from NATURE!!! Someone just figured out how to use it properly! I don't want to call names, but you willingly (along with your mother) forged medical documents and went to school exposing people to your bullshit and possibility of infection from deadly diseases simply because of your deluded beliefs! (Not you occupy, the other guy which I'm not even going to look up his name, but we all know who.) Reminds me of that law and order SVU episode where that mother lets her child go to all these public places while he is carrying a deadly form of measles, which fortunately for him his immune system can fight off since he is 5, but unfortunately for those babies who are less than a year- and those with compromised immune systems like CFers!-can't fight it off due to not being old enough to be vaccinated and having a juvenile immune system. I write this all out cause Im venting but I know this anti-vaccine guy won't listen. Going back to that quote "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." -Stuart Chase

K

kgfrompa

Each and every time 4 years in a row I have gotten the flu with the shot The doctors Advice was no more shots I have not come down with the flu since by the grace of God two years with out a shot and no flu now weather I get the flu I am not so sure if I wont be in the Hospital asp.As after the shot I was so sick I could not even stand up!

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Anybody so passionate about a public health issue of this importance needs to be very careful. Fortunately our enthusiast against vaccinations and inoculations is not enlisting anybody here. I don't like to hammer ideas or people but this threatens public health and the CF community. It threatens me. Some people get sick from flu shots or are immuno-suppressed to the point where the shot might as well be an infection. When people contract influenza from the vaccination, many people are affected because an entire batch is not properly stored in most cases.

The once famous Walter Winchell held court at noon and six capturing a record audience for his clever radio commentary "The Walter Winchell Hour". Winchell was an institution, revered and reviled for decades. His program was airing in 1955(?) spoke out against a horrible and risky, large scale polio vaccine trial, being planned on some unsuspecting population. He had no idea if the vaccine would work, harm or turn people purple. It was either a gross miscalculation by Winchell or a desperate need for fame because it was total fabrication. Either way it delayed the introduction of polio vaccine a year for most people. An estimated 40,000 Americans contracted polio in that lost year. Loud mouth Winchell stuffed thousands of children and young adults in a grave. Oops!

Polio is an interesting way to understand vaccines and life without vaccines. Polio has been around a while, like a few thousand years, but most people contracted it as infants when nerves and the brain are actively growing and able to regenerate the damage from the infection, acquiring immunity in the bargain. As basic sanitation removed the threat of water born disease, less infant polio suddenly revealed the horror of post infancy infection. I grew up when it was common to have friends who had a family member strapped on a rocking table in a back room or other huge appliances so these poor people could just breathe.

Two ambitious scientists were on each other’s heels with a polio vaccine. Sabin and Salk took different but not untried methods of preparing a vaccine. One approach advocates "killing" the virus by destroying the genetic contents and providing the empty viral shell for antibodies to develop or template against, thereby doing its job with no risk of infection. This is not perfect because the empty viral shell may produce less effective antibodies. The competing approach was to weaken the virus in a super poison like phenol or formaldehyde. And what if they aren't weakened enough or too much? Every person I knew when polio vaccines came available had both vaccines and were happy to do so.

If you want the fear of God in you over vaccines, have an anaphylactic reaction to one! A couple years back I got treated to several Epi-pens going down after a shingles vaccination. As long as I don’t get shingles, I am a happy person and no worse for the experience. I don’t get my flu shots at the grocery store anymore but unless there is a medical reason, a flu shot is a simple guard against human extinction.

Guess what disease has killed more people than all the rest in the history of man? Actually it’s TB, but it edges influenza out of first place by a tiny percentage. Like the diamond of diseases, its grim tally is orders of magnitude above the next most lethal killer. The infamous Spanish Flu that hit as the world as was mobilizing for WWI. More soldiers on both sides died from influenza than were killed in this war to end all wars. Not only in the trenches across Flanders but it barracks and tents in Georgia and Nebraska or Mainz and Wroclaw. It was a true pandemic that preferred the most able aged people leaving the elderly to care for the young and their young.

CFJeff,

If you don’t want a flu shot, don’t get one. Your ideas are baseless in fact and sadly there are lots of very sick people on this site that could be harmed by your beliefs impressed with such conviction. Some of us can’t tolerate a flu shot. It doesn’t mean flu shots are wrong or bad, in fact the opposite, everybody healthy enough to be immunized needs to get flu shots to protect those who can’t, OR WON’T.

Whirled Peas,

LL

occupyjapan

Oh my gosh this made my day!

Haha, you're welcome!

To everyone else, I'm sorry if my rather passionate response to Cfquack73 bordered on the disrespectful, but the absolute fact of that matter is that many, many of us would not even be here to have this conversation if it wasn't for the very science that Cfquack73 rails against. When I had an exacerbation a couple years back that nearly killed me (went from 120% lung function to 40%) it wasn't "Secret Remedies "They" Don't Want You to Know About" that not only saved my life but also got my lung functions back to over 100% (106% as we speak!), it was Meropenem, Cefepim, Vancomycin, the PICC line that delivered them all, Tobramycin, Albutoral, Hypersal, Cayston, Pulmozyme and the nebs/machines to do all of them, Ciprofloxacin, Zyvox, Levoquin, Doxycyline, Azithromycin, my Vest and regular visits to my doctor that spent nearly a decade being educated on how to care for my disease that fixed me.

I'm not about to let some nutty creep come in here and start acting like we're all complete idiots because we go to "doctors" with "medical training" who "know what they're talking about". The guy seriously trusts a VETERINARIAN when it comes to caring for his CF rather than doctors trained in the field... I guess that suits him because he's *bull*-headed, stubborn as a *mule*, acts like a total *ass* and apparently is too *chicken* to have his views challenged, since he hasn't posted anymore in over a month. :rolleyes:

BrigitsMom

4hats - feel confident in your choice to avoid the flu vaccine in the future. All I can say on this subject is that I am very happy to report that I have not allowed even one vaccine injection into my child - and certainly not the flu vaccine - and she is doing great because of it. And CFJeff73 - thanks for the youtube links. I'll pass them on :) You're lucky to have such a strong mom.

LouLou

I have had the flu shot every year since whenever it became available. I am 35 years old with cf. In 1999, I didn't take it and ended up with pneumonia and lost 25% of my lung function which I never fully regained. I haven't gotten the flu ever except last year I got it. For me I consider the flu vax quite successful. Even if it just lessons the case like it might have last year, I'll take it!