food and cipro

anonymous

hi i no when your on ciproxin you cant eat milk n stuff like for 2 hours n its really hard in the mornings becase like i cant eat milkshakes or cereal or anything and i dont like toast so i never wanna eat brekfast but mum says i hav to with cf like she gets upset if i dont eat but i never no wahat to eat does anyone have eny tips because like i cant hav muffins all the time wat do u do???????

scarbrough

My daughter was just diagnosed with cf Oct '05. She is only 17 mos old, now. My suggestion is to eat oatmeal made w/o milk, pancakes & waffles along with fruit. You can buy everything pre-packaged, so it will not be an inconvenience to cook every morning. The fruit will help you digest your enzymes & the rest may help when taking the cipro. My daughter has only been on the cipro once..since she is in diapers, as soon as she uses the bathroom the cipro immediately irritates her...nothing keeps her from having diarrhea & major irritation..Bananas are suppose to firm your stool..apples will loosen it...tne next time she has to be on cipro, I plan to keep her on a strict diet..breads, grains, bananas-things with fiber...I hope this helps you out, too.

JazzysMom

I cant help you alot since both my daughter (no CF) & I dont always eat traditional breakfast foods when we do eat breakfast. We often have leftovers from dinner especially Chinese or Spaghetti. Hot ham sandwhiches is another favorite....same idea as grilled cheese without the cheese. There is always EGGS.....yuck IMO! Bagles or english muffins....lots of things. Just need to get the mind into gear!