Food Stamps

Incomudrox

Has anyone found that the food stamp programs will give you more food stamps if you explain to them (with proof if needed) that CF requires a high calories, fat, protein diet? How to go about this?

Incomudrox

Has anyone found that the food stamp programs will give you more food stamps if you explain to them (with proof if needed) that CF requires a high calories, fat, protein diet? How to go about this?

krisgabes

I'm a social worker and I used to apply for food stamps for my clients. The best advice I can give you is to contact your local Department of Social Services and speak to someone in the Food Stamps department. Each state can vary with how food stamps are distributed. Let me know if it works out! Sorry I'm not more help!

krisgabes

I'm a social worker and I used to apply for food stamps for my clients. The best advice I can give you is to contact your local Department of Social Services and speak to someone in the Food Stamps department. Each state can vary with how food stamps are distributed. Let me know if it works out! Sorry I'm not more help!

C

cindylou

Are you already on food stamps? If so this probably doesn't matter, but when my husband and I looked into applying for them a few years ago as students (we didn't end up doing it) I was shocked to find that we qualified for TWICE my existing food budget. So, the amounts given are already fairly generous, and I think would easily accomodate a CF diet (especially if you were making meal plans to maximize your budget).

C

cindylou

Are you already on food stamps? If so this probably doesn't matter, but when my husband and I looked into applying for them a few years ago as students (we didn't end up doing it) I was shocked to find that we qualified for TWICE my existing food budget. So, the amounts given are already fairly generous, and I think would easily accomodate a CF diet (especially if you were making meal plans to maximize your budget).

biz

im wondering if we can get food stamps for Aidan. we finally got medicade for him. and food stamps would be very helpful. i spent 235.00 at the food store today and it was all for aidan. im gona apply and see what happens. does anyone out here get them even though you and or your spouce works? do they base it on income?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth

biz

im wondering if we can get food stamps for Aidan. we finally got medicade for him. and food stamps would be very helpful. i spent 235.00 at the food store today and it was all for aidan. im gona apply and see what happens. does anyone out here get them even though you and or your spouce works? do they base it on income?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth

krisgabes

Food stamps are based on income however if you already receive Medicaid then you shouldn't have a problem getting them. They would use your income information to determine how much they will give you.

krisgabes

Food stamps are based on income however if you already receive Medicaid then you shouldn't have a problem getting them. They would use your income information to determine how much they will give you.

forroshis

U can not get more than the normal amount u recover based on ur income. I checked into this before as I have 3 children with CF and they just won't do it. It's federally and state mandated guidelines.

forroshis

U can not get more than the normal amount u recover based on ur income. I checked into this before as I have 3 children with CF and they just won't do it. It's federally and state mandated guidelines.