food that makes you caugh

M

monds1234

hi im new to this and was wondering how do you guys eat cuz ther certain foods that make me caugh alot like milk and whole weat things there alot of food i cant eat or il end up caughing alot the next morning i was wondering if its just me ? is it a comon cf thing cuz i have cf by the way hahaha was just wondering if anybody constently has to look at what there eating for this reason

M

monds1234

hi im new to this and was wondering how do you guys eat cuz ther certain foods that make me caugh alot like milk and whole weat things there alot of food i cant eat or il end up caughing alot the next morning i was wondering if its just me ? is it a comon cf thing cuz i have cf by the way hahaha was just wondering if anybody constently has to look at what there eating for this reason

M

monds1234

<p>hi im new to this and was wondering how do you guys eat cuz ther certain foods that make me caugh alot like milk and whole weat things there alot of food i cant eat or il end up caughing alot the next morning i was wondering if its just me ? is it a comon cf thing cuz i have cf by the way hahaha was just wondering if anybody constently has to look at what there eating for this reason

justdance

Interesting topic! My friend practices alternative medicine. She also used to suffer from asthma and discovered certain foods were major contributors to her symptoms.
Her advice is that these foods are the most mucogenic (meaning they cause mucous production):
Dairy
Wheat
Sugar
Yeast
I think the last two are related to the action of yeats in your body. Yeast feed pff sugar so the more you take in your diet the more they will grow and too much yeast can cause allergic and mucogenic responses.
Personally I avoid dairy (except v small amounts of cheese). I would have a hard time cutting out wheat and sugar. I try to always eat yeast free bread. Would love to hear anyone else's opinions.

justdance

Interesting topic! My friend practices alternative medicine. She also used to suffer from asthma and discovered certain foods were major contributors to her symptoms.
Her advice is that these foods are the most mucogenic (meaning they cause mucous production):
Dairy
Wheat
Sugar
Yeast
I think the last two are related to the action of yeats in your body. Yeast feed pff sugar so the more you take in your diet the more they will grow and too much yeast can cause allergic and mucogenic responses.
Personally I avoid dairy (except v small amounts of cheese). I would have a hard time cutting out wheat and sugar. I try to always eat yeast free bread. Would love to hear anyone else's opinions.

justdance

<p>Interesting topic! My friend practices alternative medicine. She also used to suffer from asthma and discovered certain foods were major contributors to her symptoms.
<p>Her advice is that these foods are the most mucogenic (meaning they cause mucous production):
<p>Dairy
<p>Wheat
<p>Sugar
<p>Yeast
<p>I think the last two are related to the action of yeats in your body. Yeast feed pff sugar so the more you take in your diet the more they will grow and too much yeast can cause allergic and mucogenic responses.
<p>Personally I avoid dairy (except v small amounts of cheese). I would have a hard time cutting out wheat and sugar. I try to always eat yeast free bread. Would love to hear anyone else's opinions.

M

monds1234

yeh the milk seems to be the worst one and wheat well mil being there milk in alot of things but yeh i cant drink or eat anything with milk or whole weat so that beimng said that eliminates alot of food that i can eat and its kinda of anoying having to look at the ingredients on new stuff hahah

M

monds1234

yeh the milk seems to be the worst one and wheat well mil being there milk in alot of things but yeh i cant drink or eat anything with milk or whole weat so that beimng said that eliminates alot of food that i can eat and its kinda of anoying having to look at the ingredients on new stuff hahah

M

monds1234

smartandy

I think fatty food, oily stuff and even curd, buttermilk cause cough to much extent. Milk also contains fatty substance in it too.

smartandy

I think fatty food, oily stuff and even curd, buttermilk cause cough to much extent. Milk also contains fatty substance in it too.

smartandy

smartandy

smartandy

smartandy

Melissa75

Administrator
Ice cream for me too and milk shakes -- though I think in my case it is an asthma/twitchy airway reaction to the cold rather than an issue of more mucus.
To the opposite end, I feel like acidic fruits--grapefruits and pineapple in particular--make my mucus come up easier.

Melissa75

Administrator
Ice cream for me too and milk shakes -- though I think in my case it is an asthma/twitchy airway reaction to the cold rather than an issue of more mucus.
To the opposite end, I feel like acidic fruits--grapefruits and pineapple in particular--make my mucus come up easier.