For the moms and dads

jaimers

Super Moderator
I saw this ad and wanted to share it and say to the CF moms and dads that you're doing a great job! CF is hard and I can't imagine the difficulty of watching your child go through everything that we have to do to stay healthy. As an adult with CF I'm so grateful to my parents who spent countless hours doing manual chest PT, taking me to appointments and study visits, keeping me entertained in the hospital, traveling with me to sleep away summer camp and "hiding away" the entire week so they could do my PT/nebs but try and make it an otherwise normal camp experience, and all of the other stuff I know they did for me and the sacrifices made. Know that even if they don't or can't express it--you're doing good, hard work. ❤️

Warning: you will cry

http://www.scarymommy.com/sickkids-foundation-mothers-day-ad/?utm_source=FB

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I saw it on facebook and it brought back a lot of memories of DS' NICU stay --- crying/praying in the shower, anger/screaming fits in the car when dealing with setbacks. When DS 6 and had surgery for a 2nd bowel obstruction and a 3 week stay due to complications I had to sneak away to decompress so he didn't know how scared I was, how angry and helpless I felt.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I can't quite get away in time sometimes...I wonder when DS will realize that my happy tears because I love him so much aren't always happy.