For those with CFRD (diabetes)

I am curious as to how others manage their diabetes and the severity of their diabetes? I have been diabetic for over ten years and insulin dependent the whole time. While I always need insulin it seems like I need more or less just given the season or day of the week or anything and this is hard to factor in. I assume that for PwCF their need for insulin varies more than it does for regular disabetics. ?????

I am curious as to how others manage their diabetes and the severity of their diabetes? I have been diabetic for over ten years and insulin dependent the whole time. While I always need insulin it seems like I need more or less just given the season or day of the week or anything and this is hard to factor in. I assume that for PwCF their need for insulin varies more than it does for regular disabetics. ?????

mmmtat

I just got diagnosed in Sept. My numbers are still low, my 2 hour oral glucose test still comes back normal, and my a1c is 5.5-6.0. My highest blood glucose ever was 300.
I usually run low and have more problems with my lows than highs. They tried to put me on fast acting insulin at first, but it made my lows even more frequent, and worse, so as of right now, I am not taking any insulin, even though I do still get highs.
I find it to be a really confusing disease, because it's hard to predict when my pancreas is going to feel like woring, and when it's not. I am trying to get a continuous glucose meter approved by my insurance, because I used one for a week and it really helped me predict highs, and lows. I might even be able to use insulin to control my highs, if I have a meter and can see when I'm going down and up.

mmmtat

I just got diagnosed in Sept. My numbers are still low, my 2 hour oral glucose test still comes back normal, and my a1c is 5.5-6.0. My highest blood glucose ever was 300.
I usually run low and have more problems with my lows than highs. They tried to put me on fast acting insulin at first, but it made my lows even more frequent, and worse, so as of right now, I am not taking any insulin, even though I do still get highs.
I find it to be a really confusing disease, because it's hard to predict when my pancreas is going to feel like woring, and when it's not. I am trying to get a continuous glucose meter approved by my insurance, because I used one for a week and it really helped me predict highs, and lows. I might even be able to use insulin to control my highs, if I have a meter and can see when I'm going down and up.