France/French lessons

oliver68

Salut, for those who learn French or just want to know things (travel, whatever....) about our country, just ask me :)

cfgirl38

Where do you live in France? country or a city? I've never been there and I wasnt able in school to take French either. It was a class where there was only one hour so certain amt of people could attend. Of course everyone wanted to attend. HeeHee

Mockingbird

I have a good joke. =-) An englishman walked into a French restaurant and had soething to eat. When he was done, the waiter asked, "Was your meal satisfactory, sir?" The englishman replied, "Being English, I wouldn't know!" =-)

oliver68

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>RosesforCFinMich</b></i><br>Where do you live in France? country or a city? I've never been there and I wasnt able in school to take French either. It was a class where there was only one hour so certain amt of people could attend. Of course everyone wanted to attend. HeeHee<hr></blockquote>

I live in Alsace in a old and typical village (lots of tourists visiting) surrounded by wineyards. The snowtracks (Vosges little mountains) 15minutes away by car.

few pics there : http://oliver68.free.fr/autour_de_chez_moi.htm

anonymous

Bonjour!
I didnt get that joke either..is it laughing that english ppl dont know the meaning of satisfactory?
Shamrock

anonymous

I have a (bad) joke.
A french man is on holidays and gets into a taxi. The taxi driver says 'Do you want me to take you somewhere?' and the french man says 'oui oui' Then the taxi driver says 'hey hey there'll be none of that in my taxi!!' Heehee. Ok, ok I'll stick to the day job!!!
Shamrock

Mockingbird

i didn't think anyone would get the joke, just Oliver. =-) France is where food got started. Well, I mean they are famous for their food, is what i'm saying. Anyway, traditional English food is usually really bland and not that great, so the englishman was saying he didn't know what satisfactory food was, 'cause he was English. =-)

Liza

Just wanted to say I love France. We spent time touring as much of the country as we could from Normandy to the the Med. The Pyrennes, are beautiful. My mother and I are planning a return trip to Lourdes some time soon. We went camping in Lion s Mer one year. Our family and another family. Aaah, how we miss the bakerys and the markets.

Liza

oliver68

well done Emily. Spelling is "Au revoir" ;-)

I went twice to the US.
First time was to NewYork, Buffalo,LA, Frisco,Vegas,NewOrleans, Miami FLA, Orlando, Washington DC.
Last time I was based at a friends' in Ohio and I rented a car there, to Philadelphia, Washington DC, NY, Buffalo, Toronto, Detroit, a of course some places in Ohio.
Nice time :)

Magerly111

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Kim. J'habite en New Jersey et j'aime manger. J'aime mon ami. Je suis un etudiant de college. Ca va?

I'm a little rusty on my French. But I took it for 4 years in high school...but it's been a few years since I've really used it, so excuse me if I messed that up reallly bad.

anonymous

Bonjour, Je m'appelle Shamrock, jai dix-huit ans. Jai un soeur et un frere.
Ok my spelling is REALLY bad. I took french 5 years ago so Im real rusty.

oliver68

Bonjour Kim et Shamrock ! Oui ça va très bien merci et vous ?

That's fine (maybe better than my English lol ) don't worry, amost 100% correct for both of you !! congratulations !