G-Tube

CowTown

I know Mike Davis (ewhsdavism) has had 3, but I'd like to ask you and others who have had one what was the final determining factor for you to agree?

I'm starting to reconsider b/c I think my health is just taking a nose dive overall and I wonder if others felt like they needed one ONCE their health got to a certain point. Was saying yes a combination of lowered lung function, coupled with other things, or did anyone get a GTube with a goal to ONLY gain weight and health maintenance? I don't know if this makes sense.

I don't want to deny myself of getting better, and am really uncomfortable with my health lately. Maybe all the elements involved for me would be a reason in itself to get one. My fev1 since April of last year has gone from 57% to 36% today. Granted I have an infection right now, but I've never ever been close to these numbers before now. 57% was very low for me last year, and now I keep going down. I can't seem to maintain my fev1. And now I need to start oxygen while I exercise because I live at high elevation. And I have a mean bug that is terrribly hard to kill and probably the reason for my pft dropping. And...I should really weight more. Do you all think I should get a gtube and try to help myself out that way? I feel like so many different things are going on with my body, I'm loosing perspective. Maybe I just need a 2 week tune up in lock-down?

I am open to the mean, bad and the ugly as far as responses go. I'm getting worried, so I want to hear other's opinions.
Thanks.

thelizardqueen

If you feel you need a g-tube, then get one. Don't let us tell you either way, because you know that deep down if you want it, and it'll make you healthier, you'll get it. I would only get one if I knew that it would help me, and I've exhausted all other options.