Gastrointestional

ambermarie03

So.. this may be an embarrassing question for some, but as us CFers now, it is also a big part in some our daily lives. Anyone having issues with chronic constipation and if so, how are you managing it?

ambermarie03

So.. this may be an embarrassing question for some, but as us CFers now, it is also a big part in some our daily lives. Anyone having issues with chronic constipation and if so, how are you managing it?

ambermarie03

So.. this may be an embarrassing question for some, but as us CFers now, it is also a big part in some our daily lives. Anyone having issues with chronic constipation and if so, how are you managing it? <BR>

Mistyjo

My daughter has battled constipation since birth, she is 5 yo and had 28 inches of bowel removed this past june. Miralax didn't work for us. The only thing that has worked is ex-lax or senna but since she started enzymes she has gone from 5 squares a day to 2.5. Good luck

Mistyjo

My daughter has battled constipation since birth, she is 5 yo and had 28 inches of bowel removed this past june. Miralax didn't work for us. The only thing that has worked is ex-lax or senna but since she started enzymes she has gone from 5 squares a day to 2.5. Good luck

Mistyjo

oh goodness ive had these troubles more times than i can count in the past 2 years. before that i had NO problems whatsoever.
i take 2 colace capsules and one dose of mirilax a day as well as a probiotic and greek yogurt seems to help too. if im feeling extra blocked ill take lactulose..about a half cup at night. and i make sure i drink plenty of water. it could possibly be a blockage and then golytely is the best course of treatment for that. i still struggle with this and with diarrhea. some days im completely find and i dont take anything and other days it doesnt matter what i take nothing works. they said i have DIOS(distal intestinal obstructive syndrome) BUT i dont buy it honestly. it could be a motility problem with your intestines or in your colon. get a colonoscopy if it keeps happening and talk to a GI they are going to be your best bet. im going to see one asap because this is more frustrating than lung problems. ALSO i found out one of my huge problems with constipation was actually the fact that i had c diff and i got pills and it helped for a while but you can always get it again. it could be an intestinal bug for sure just make sure you follow all avenues and not JUST listen to what your CF dr has to say about it.
if you have anymore questions just ask :] im happy to help

oh goodness ive had these troubles more times than i can count in the past 2 years. before that i had NO problems whatsoever.
i take 2 colace capsules and one dose of mirilax a day as well as a probiotic and greek yogurt seems to help too. if im feeling extra blocked ill take lactulose..about a half cup at night. and i make sure i drink plenty of water. it could possibly be a blockage and then golytely is the best course of treatment for that. i still struggle with this and with diarrhea. some days im completely find and i dont take anything and other days it doesnt matter what i take nothing works. they said i have DIOS(distal intestinal obstructive syndrome) BUT i dont buy it honestly. it could be a motility problem with your intestines or in your colon. get a colonoscopy if it keeps happening and talk to a GI they are going to be your best bet. im going to see one asap because this is more frustrating than lung problems. ALSO i found out one of my huge problems with constipation was actually the fact that i had c diff and i got pills and it helped for a while but you can always get it again. it could be an intestinal bug for sure just make sure you follow all avenues and not JUST listen to what your CF dr has to say about it.
if you have anymore questions just ask :] im happy to help

<br />i take 2 colace capsules and one dose of mirilax a day as well as a probiotic and greek yogurt seems to help too. if im feeling extra blocked ill take lactulose..about a half cup at night. and i make sure i drink plenty of water. it could possibly be a blockage and then golytely is the best course of treatment for that. i still struggle with this and with diarrhea. some days im completely find and i dont take anything and other days it doesnt matter what i take nothing works. they said i have DIOS(distal intestinal obstructive syndrome) BUT i dont buy it honestly. it could be a motility problem with your intestines or in your colon. get a colonoscopy if it keeps happening and talk to a GI they are going to be your best bet. im going to see one asap because this is more frustrating than lung problems. ALSO i found out one of my huge problems with constipation was actually the fact that i had c diff and i got pills and it helped for a while but you can always get it again. it could be an intestinal bug for sure just make sure you follow all avenues and not JUST listen to what your CF dr has to say about it.
<br />if you have anymore questions just ask :] im happy to help
<br />

ryry11

17g of Miralax, once a day, double dose (or more) if I feel like I need it. 5 Zenpep with meals, 6 if I even consider the possibility of 5 not being enough.
I used to have horrible GI stuff, GoLytely once every couple of months, but Miralax at nights has made it so much better.

ryry11

17g of Miralax, once a day, double dose (or more) if I feel like I need it. 5 Zenpep with meals, 6 if I even consider the possibility of 5 not being enough.
I used to have horrible GI stuff, GoLytely once every couple of months, but Miralax at nights has made it so much better.

ryry11

<br />I used to have horrible GI stuff, GoLytely once every couple of months, but Miralax at nights has made it so much better.

jamoncita

lots of fluids! i find the more water i drink, the less i have to worry about getting constipated! if that doesn't help, i'll take a dose of miralax. hope you find what works!

jamoncita

lots of fluids! i find the more water i drink, the less i have to worry about getting constipated! if that doesn't help, i'll take a dose of miralax. hope you find what works!