Gettin' out today!

azdesertrat

Yee-Haw! I'm getting out of the hospital today.
They've done tons of tests. Now they're thinking the cause of the fever is CMV. CMV is a virus I caught from my donor.
I had a flare-up once, back in '06. I was a sick puppy then, not so much this time. I guess it's pretty hard to diagnose this problem I'm having. I have tons of follow-up to do as an out patient. I have to see an infectious disease doctor & I have to see my GI for another colonoscopy.
Oh boy...
I guess I better quit bitchin' & just comply. I want to find out what's going on & fix it.
Being on the CF floor has been rather enlightening. I forgot how badly I used to cough. I sure feel for all those folks on this floor. I know exactly what they're going through, I used to be the same way.
Thank God I was so fortunate to have a transplant. I can't cough now; my cough reflex is no more.
When my chest was cut, the nerves that stimulate the cough reflex were severed. There is no repairing those nerves. Now, when I feel like I have something in my lungs, I have to 'huff cough' to get anything to come up.
I hope all is well with everybody.;)