Getting back to normal

kenna2

With Trikafta improving and stabilizing many of us, the idea of getting back to a semi normal life (once the pandemic is over) and reconnecting with people who I've lost touch with after being sick for so long is scary to me. I feel lost and out of touch with the world and not sure how to jump back in. Losing a good portion of my hearing also adds some anxiety to this too. Does anyone else feel this way? Do you guys have any tips or things that have helped you reach out and start that process? I have reached out to my therapist to help me work though this, but that needs to be an in person conversation with her. While it's nice that I'm actually starting to be able to worry about something normal for once, I'm still very anxious. Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's the new normal and uncertainty that gets to me. Despite being in a hotspot, they've opened up restaurants, bars, salons and gyms and people are acting as if it's all over. I think once a vaccine is found and readily available, that will alleviate my concerns but currently am anxious about the unknowns and what ifs. We've always dealt with whatever life throws at us and will deal with whatever happens as best we can.

Printer

With Trikafta improving and stabilizing many of us, the idea of getting back to a semi normal life (once the pandemic is over) and reconnecting with people who I've lost touch with after being sick for so long is scary to me. I feel lost and out of touch with the world and not sure how to jump back in. Losing a good portion of my hearing also adds some anxiety to this too. Does anyone else feel this way? Do you guys have any tips or things that have helped you reach out and start that process? I have reached out to my therapist to help me work though this, but that needs to be an in person conversation with her. While it's nice that I'm actually starting to be able to worry about something normal for once, I'm still very anxious. Thanks!
Are you suggesting that you have some hearing loss as a result of being on Trikafta?