Getting desperate~! Am i crazy?

mysterygrl19

I was admitted to the hospital Monday night after spiking a fever of 104 that afternoon. Previous to that admission I was home from the hospital only four days. They changed nothing about my meds or routine in the hospital, and I experienced not one fever while there. My lab work looked good with only a slightly elevated white cell count, and the x-ray looked unchanged from the one taked the previous week. All the blood cultures also came back with nothing significant. Doc says my lungs sounded clear, and I am even gaining some weight back. They theorized that the fever was caused possibly by the Colistin I have been taking IV the last six weeks.
They changed nothing in the hospital except diluting the concentration of the Colistin and extending the amount of time i was getting it over. I was fever free and sent home yesterday afternoon.
I felt great yesterday and this morning. No problems except maybe some increased coughing and nasal drainage, but nothing huge. Meds and treatments were kept exactly the same. I house cleaned this morning, and around 2pm began to feel a little tired and sore. I checked my temp and it was 101.7!!
This cycle has been recurring more or less the same way (but with more time in between) since my lobectomy and contraction of pan resistant B. Cepacia in March and April.
If anyone can offer any advice, or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!I am beginning to feel nuts, and my doc even suggested I was making it up because they cant find anything that explains my symptoms!!
Heather 19 w/cf /cfrd

mysterygrl19

I was admitted to the hospital Monday night after spiking a fever of 104 that afternoon. Previous to that admission I was home from the hospital only four days. They changed nothing about my meds or routine in the hospital, and I experienced not one fever while there. My lab work looked good with only a slightly elevated white cell count, and the x-ray looked unchanged from the one taked the previous week. All the blood cultures also came back with nothing significant. Doc says my lungs sounded clear, and I am even gaining some weight back. They theorized that the fever was caused possibly by the Colistin I have been taking IV the last six weeks.
They changed nothing in the hospital except diluting the concentration of the Colistin and extending the amount of time i was getting it over. I was fever free and sent home yesterday afternoon.
I felt great yesterday and this morning. No problems except maybe some increased coughing and nasal drainage, but nothing huge. Meds and treatments were kept exactly the same. I house cleaned this morning, and around 2pm began to feel a little tired and sore. I checked my temp and it was 101.7!!
This cycle has been recurring more or less the same way (but with more time in between) since my lobectomy and contraction of pan resistant B. Cepacia in March and April.
If anyone can offer any advice, or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!I am beginning to feel nuts, and my doc even suggested I was making it up because they cant find anything that explains my symptoms!!
Heather 19 w/cf /cfrd

mysterygrl19

Heather 19 w/cf /cfrd

mysterygrl19

Heather 19 w/cf /cfrd

mysterygrl19

<br />They changed nothing in the hospital except diluting the concentration of the Colistin and extending the amount of time i was getting it over. I was fever free and sent home yesterday afternoon.
<br />I felt great yesterday and this morning. No problems except maybe some increased coughing and nasal drainage, but nothing huge. Meds and treatments were kept exactly the same. I house cleaned this morning, and around 2pm began to feel a little tired and sore. I checked my temp and it was 101.7!!
<br />This cycle has been recurring more or less the same way (but with more time in between) since my lobectomy and contraction of pan resistant B. Cepacia in March and April.
<br />If anyone can offer any advice, or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!I am beginning to feel nuts, and my doc even suggested I was making it up because they cant find anything that explains my symptoms!!
<br />Heather 19 w/cf /cfrd

debs2girls

If you find the right answers I would be interested in hearing about it. My daughter has been in the hospital since Wednesday for the same thing. Since being in here, no fever.
Her story is just like yours except for the lobectomy, colistin and pan resistant B. Cepacia.
I am getting real frustrated..Also her pft's are down 25% from last months.

Didnt mean to hijack your post.

debs2girls

If you find the right answers I would be interested in hearing about it. My daughter has been in the hospital since Wednesday for the same thing. Since being in here, no fever.
Her story is just like yours except for the lobectomy, colistin and pan resistant B. Cepacia.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />Her story is just like yours except for the lobectomy, colistin and pan resistant B. Cepacia.
<br />I am getting real frustrated..Also her pft's are down 25% from last months.
<br />
<br />Didnt mean to hijack your post.

R

ralika

do blood cultures every time i run high fever i have bacteria in blood again

R

ralika

R

ralika

R