Getting My first Port

Capi

Never had one and the doctors feel that at this point is best if I get one and continue the in home IV's that I've been doing since August through a pick line.

I have read that most of you who have one like it a lot better than the pick line.

The doctor told me I would have to stay for two days but the nurse that called me said they would let me go the same day so not sure.

Wish me luck everyone as I will be a nervous and half asleep as I know I will not sleep tonight and I have to leave the house by 5am.

Capi

Never had one and the doctors feel that at this point is best if I get one and continue the in home IV's that I've been doing since August through a pick line.

I have read that most of you who have one like it a lot better than the pick line.

The doctor told me I would have to stay for two days but the nurse that called me said they would let me go the same day so not sure.

Wish me luck everyone as I will be a nervous and half asleep as I know I will not sleep tonight and I have to leave the house by 5am.

Capi

Capi

Capi

<br />
<br />I have read that most of you who have one like it a lot better than the pick line.
<br />
<br />The doctor told me I would have to stay for two days but the nurse that called me said they would let me go the same day so not sure.
<br />
<br />Wish me luck everyone as I will be a nervous and half asleep as I know I will not sleep tonight and I have to leave the house by 5am.

lightNlife

I can understand you being nervous. I was too when I first got mine when I was 17. You're going to LOVE how much freedom it gives you though. Tune-ups and IV antibiotics will go so much more smoothly. Expect some soreness at first. It's actually not too bad though.

You're going to do great!

{hugs}

lightNlife

I can understand you being nervous. I was too when I first got mine when I was 17. You're going to LOVE how much freedom it gives you though. Tune-ups and IV antibiotics will go so much more smoothly. Expect some soreness at first. It's actually not too bad though.

{hugs}

lightNlife

{hugs}

lightNlife

{hugs}

lightNlife

<br />
<br />You're going to do great!
<br />
<br />{hugs}

just1more

Good luck,

One of my boys (no cf) has one and we love it. We are looking to get one in our cf'r next time he has surgery for any reason as he has lousy veins and they are having trouble getting PICC's into him.

just1more

Good luck,

One of my boys (no cf) has one and we love it. We are looking to get one in our cf'r next time he has surgery for any reason as he has lousy veins and they are having trouble getting PICC's into him.

just1more

Good luck,

just1more

Good luck,

just1more

Good luck,
<br />
<br />One of my boys (no cf) has one and we love it. We are looking to get one in our cf'r next time he has surgery for any reason as he has lousy veins and they are having trouble getting PICC's into him.